Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve 2011

Oh my!  Today was such a washout.

FL has a raging sore throat and his bad tooth is hurting.

I have caught the cold he started brewing on Boxing Day, which I thought was going to take him to the emergency doctor for antibiotics... but he 's still not ready to admit it.

My version of this shared illness wiped me out today.  I have been bumbling around the house like a sad old lady and have been curled up on the sofa with my knitting, my book, and a box of tissues.  It totally put paid to my plans for a knitterly excursion to help a friend buy yarn - unforgivable!


Luckily for me, I had some wool delivered to the door, though.  This is the final instalment of my Crown Mountain Farms Sock Hop club.  I had forgotten the club had four installments - I thought it was just three - so this was a lovely surprise on a miserable day.  It's a perfect stonewashed denim-y blue. 


And the final instalment of my SkeinQueen club also arrived.  This colour is going to take a lot of getting used to.  Charcoal overdyed with moss green?  Hmmm... something for the man I think.

So, a woolly end to 2011. 

Tonight FL gets a glass of whisky and I get a Lemsip and we will be asleep before the Bells of 2012 stop ringing.  See you next year!

6 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

My comments keep getting eaten...try again.

I love the colour of that SQ yarn and am thinking in the new year some of her yarn must become mine...although I do have her gorgeous Fox kit to keep me happy.

Hope you are both feeling better soon. I think health is a tricky one, because I do totally believe in patient choice...but I also think that worried relatives need to be taken account of....FL:::Let Roo take you to the docs!

I was on bed at 9.30 last night...

christinelaennec said...

Really hope you are feeling better very soon. I'm so glad the last day of 2011 was a yarny one for you! Lots of good wishes to you and yours for 2012. x

Twelfthknit said...

A skein of that is now mine...someone decided that the colour wasn't for them so that was lucky for me :0) I might make a Westknits shawl with this.

Annie said...

Oh dear, not a great start to the year, hope you both feel better soon Roo x

Roobeedoo said...

India - it was meant to be! Yes - a Westknits shawl would be very appropriate I think :)

Scruffybadger said...

Hope you are feeling heaps better- both of you. And a happy new year to you all now!