I have some very clear ideas about what I want to achieve in 2012... and a lot of mental fog.
4. To sew from stash. No, really. It’s essential.
|Bettie's pullover, IK Winter 2011|
2. To get myself in training for (1.), I want to knit Bettie's Pullover from the latest Interweave Knits. Perfect in Albayarn from the stash!
3. To knit from said stash. I am not saying I won’t buy yarn (because I know I will), but I am giving myself permission to use my best stored-away yarn instead of saving it for the apocalypse. This should mean some socks. No point in pretending I can knit 12 pairs in one year. 6 would be amazing.
4. To design something and knit it. Because it is crazy that I don’t.
Life, the Universe and Everything:
1. Try to plan further ahead than one month at a time. We lurch from hospital appointment to hospital appointment and it is dragging us down. We need to plan for some fun. Even if it is just me agreeing to eat a meal out at Wetherspoons. FL and I went there last night and it was OK. (Note to self: you don't live in London now Roo, so put your great restaurant expectations away. Food snob!)
2. Healthy eating. Whatever happened to vegetarian meals? Experiments with the extreme vegan cookbook destroyed my credibility and scared off the diners. But we are in a rut again. I need to get back to baking bread (and the occasional cake) and spend some time planning interesting meals with a higher percentage of vegetation.
3. Exercise. This is the big one. I have got to do it. I am seizing up. If I leave it much longer it will be too late. I lack stamina, flexibility and energy. Sigh.