I made a start on building my Etsy shop, but it took an hour to list just four patterns. I plan to open with a stock of twenty items, and top it up once a week.... so don't hold your breath. I may be some time. How frustrating!
After our big adventure in the city yesterday, FL was too tired to eat out. He snoozed while I knitted.
Today, realising he was going to spend the day asleep in his chair, I thought I might as well sew something until The Girl came home. I set to work with a vintage blouse pattern from 1964 and some leftover pink gingham from the stash. The aim was / is to make a wearable muslin, before busting out my shiny new fabric.
Just as well I took this precaution. It is NOT going to plan!
I am making View 4 of Simplicity 5441, the pink pointy-collar version. There were hazard warning lights early on when I realised how many darts I had to negotiate: waist, bust, shoulders, back and front, they are all over the place.
The previous owner felt the need to narrow the shoulder and I agreed, but even so there is some hang-over. There was also some awkward nonsense with the front facings which sit behind the collar. I sorted them out, but there was worse to come.
It is all very messy at the back. Somehow, I managed to lose the overlap at the back of the neck, where the buttonband begins. My collar sits flush with the edge of the facing. I may have to zip it instead of back-buttoning.
But when I tried it on, my main impression was of baggyness and saggyness. The flipping thing just doesn't fit. At all.
I have put it away in disgrace.
Either I attack it with the scissors and lose a few inches all over, or it's into the bucket (dustbin / trash can) with it. Grrr.
I suppose I was due a wadder.
But I haven't given up yet...