Friday, March 16, 2012

This Weekend...

This weekend, I am giving my sewing machine a rest to do some organising.

I will:
  • stock my Etsy shop with pre-loved sewing patterns.  I'll let you know when it goes live!
  • have another clutter-clearance of my wardrobe
  • cull the fabric stash
  • paint a couple of window-sills  (not all of them - I don't have enough paint!)
  • survey the herb garden to assess the weeding situation
And because The Girl is off to visit her Big Brother at Uni (he is under strict instructions not to lead her astray), FL and I are having a hot date at a local gallery, where an old colleague is exhibiting her paintings.  If his energy allows, we might stay out for tea, but it is more likely that we will return home for some quality sofa time.  I will knit some more of Bettie's Pullover and he will snooze.

And I definitely won't be downloading any new knitting patterns from Jared Flood's Spring Thaw Collection, because that would be ridiculous, wouldn't it?

 



All 4 photos from the Spring Thaw Collection:  cables, lace, colourwork - something for everyone!  And every single one of them made of gorgeously sheepy yarn - sigh!
Speaking of yarn... surely you didn't think I had got over my lemon and lime addiction that quickly?  Skein Queen Exquisite from Thursday evening's update.  80% superwash merino 10% cashmere 10% nylon. 4 ply sock weight. 100g. Approx. 400m.
The word is "oops"!

7 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds idyllic, hurry up and get your patterns listed so I can buy some! x

Miss M said...

I have my little sister over here this weekend, and I promised my parents the same thing. I will not LEAD her astray, but if we do happen to go astray, meh. Live and learn.

I can't wait to see your etsy shop! Knowing you and your sense of style (and my sense of style) I'm sure there will be a lot of things to love :D

Kestrel said...

Sounds like a good weekend, clearing out can be so cathartic.

You're so tempting with your Etsy shop (I'll definitely be looking!)

Sigrid said...

So you will clear out your clutter and give us a chance to increase ours, brilliant! Have a great weekend !

Clare said...

Have a great weekend - loved the scarf btw - you knocked that one up pretty quickly!

feresaknit said...

Hope you get to go somewhere really nice for your tea. :D

Christine Laennec said...

I hope you're really enjoying your "alternative" weekend of organising and gallery-visiting! Such gorgeous weather here in Aberdeen.