Sunday, April 22, 2012

Catching Up

Deceptive calm
It has been a mad week.
Bettie's Pullover has been my stitchy focus and I have reached the section headed "Finishing" - woo hoo!
This weekend I have been sewing up my Pyjama Party set... but I can't show you that until the Big Reveal on the 28th when all the Party People have a rave together - exciting!


Snapdragon from Priti NYC
I have healthy nail polish!  Snapdragon turned out to be rather brighter than I expected - and just wait til I show you Blue Sage!


Mud - we have lots of it
In mud news, the fields have been ploughed:  a farmer from 7 miles away is using our land for barley.  He does all the work and takes all the financial risks and in return we get... the view!

This is a great deal for us.  FL is certainly not fit for such physical work and I wouldn't know where to begin.  It is not good for the land to lie fallow for too long and we can't afford to contract out the whole cycle of ploughing / sowing / harvesting.  We lost a lot of money the last time we tried.

However, this means we have to be more creative when walking the dog, to find new routes avoiding 18-inch-deep ruts and opportunities to roll in slime and pick up ticks.  Nice!

FL has a horrible cough and took to his bed yesterday, but may have perked up a bit today.
The Girl's exams start this week.
Did I tell you she has decided to move to London for 6th Form?
And we have mallard ducks nesting down by the pond!
Disturbed ducks
So... yeah.  Mad week.
Gotta go - Bettie needs my attention!

8 comments:

Gail said...

Pretty nails! Can't wait to see your sweater too!

Felicity from Down Under said...

fabulous colour!

Christine Laennec said...

Gosh, you do have lots going on. I hope FL is feeling much better very soon, and that Bettie's pullover behaves herself in the final stages. Exciting news from The Girl!

Anonymous said...

I am still an avid reader (if a very quiet, normally non-commenting one)! I just had to shout out to you about this:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/best-of-both-tunic-top

because THIS, I think - is so totally 'you'...

Warmest Wishes,

Marie

Lorna A said...

I'm going to steal your "deceptive calm" photo and use it as my background. :-)

I have to say I've never seen snapdragons that colour, more like the poppies that grow in my garden. Can't wait to see blue sage!

Clare said...

It all sounds good - hope cough improves and exams go well. The last piece of info about the ducks reminded of the first episode of The Sopranos! Looking forward to seeing your PJs x

Sandy said...

Love the shot of 'deceptive calm' with the long view you have... quite peaceful appearing. Intending that FL's feeling poorly is a temporary condition and he is up and about with more vim and vigour by the time you read this... what is 'healthy' nail polish? I must have missed a post.

Roobeedoo said...

Marie - thanks for that link. I hadn't seen that pattern before and it is intriguing indeed!

Clare - I regret I have never seen The Sopranos but I expect it involved gunshot?

Sandy - yes you must have missed my waffle about 3-free nail polish.