Thursday, April 05, 2012

Evidence of Knitting


Bettie's Pullover is growing fast!

I completed the body up to the armholes and now I am working on the sleeves.

I am knitting them both at the same time, recognising my lack of interest in Sleeve Two in other projects.  This way, I will finish both at the same times and they will be done - woo hoo!



I am really going to miss my window-seat when we go home!

You will notice I am wearing Seraphine?  Thank goodness I thought to bring my warmest shawl.  The only problem with an "eco-house" is the expectation that visitors will save energy.  There are signs up all round the house which read:  "Feeling cold?  Put on an extra jumper or have a cuddle!"...  which would be fine if it was July in a heatwave.  But it's April and there's still snow on the ground.

The proprietor came by yesterday to collect our recycling (of course!) and took instant pity on my obvious layers (t-shirt, two jumpers and a shawl).  She kindly re-set the heating so that we can have warmth during the day instead of just in the evenings - woo hoo!

11 comments:

Kat said...

Knitting two at the same time is a great tip...I've done it before and it definately works as I know my motivation takes a dive when I realise I have to knit the same thing again!! Oh and I covet your window seat...what a great knitting spot.

Scruffybadger said...

Your week away from it all sounds like heaven. Although I'm not sure how relaxed I'd have been with all that pattern drafting conundrumming. It might have made me feel inadequate if I couldn't "get it". I have been thinking about you & the snow ....

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

Ah, you're like me, a person who suffers from second sleeve syndrome! I do the two on the needles thing too. As for the window seat, perfect. Oh how I could do with a week sitting there knitting. Any chance you could email me the cottage details Roo, we're looking for a place to stay 'oop north come the autumn, somewhere far from anywhere much that takes dogs :D

Gail said...

Ooooh - this sweater is looking fantastic!

Evie said...

This is looking gorgeous. And what a fabulous knitting spot!

opportunityknits said...

It's a lovely pic of you knitting by the window, a precious momento to remember your holiday by. The view is nice and I can almost sense the quietness of the place.
I have the 2nd sleeve sickness too and now apparently the 2nd front syndrome has hit too. Maybe I should just knit in the round :)
Enjoy the rest of your getaway!

LinB said...

I am guilty of telling my husband to put on another sweater when he is cold; but then, he has set our home's central heat to 75 degrees Farenheit and I suffer from hot flashes. Snow in April is adequate reason for the landlord to turn on the heat. You and FL could "have a cuddle" but it would be weird to include The Girl.

Felicity from Down Under said...

My mother used to not only knit both sleeves at once but do them before the body. Mind you, she did once lose the sleeves and had to reknit them, but that was only once in a lifetime of knitting.

What a beautiful spot. And, yes, there's eco and there's cold beyond belief. Some of it is conditioning, some of it is simply personal comfort levels.

Christine Laennec said...

I love that photo of you knitting in front of the window. And I'm so glad you can have some heat during the day as well! Bettie's pullover is looking very lovely. I like the two-sleeves-at-once technique too.

Alessa said...

Sounds lovely! I'd love to have a window seat... Knitting both sleeves at once sounds like a smart idea, I'll have to try that with the bolero cardi I'm working on!
Have a lovely rest of your holiday!

feresaknit said...

There was no heating during the day. I'm pressing myself against a radiator just thinking about it. :O