Monday, April 30, 2012

May, you say?

I had such plans, such plans to get ready for Me Made May!


I was going to pre-prepare a few "outfits" so that I would not wake up at 2am in a panic about what to wear the next day.
I was going to sew more underwear.
I was going to line three skirts.
I was going to take in the seams of a pair of trousers.
I was going to make some lightweight scarves.
I was going to make some simple jewellery.
I was going to start the month with an empty laundry basket...

 
Instead, I spent the weekend weeding the herb garden, going to the cinema with my dear FL for the first time in (counts) 7 years (Salmon Fishing in The Yemen - harmless, deeply British middle-class topical rom-com, surprisingly recommended by a golf buddy) and making the Darling Ranges dress.

Mustard and mauve?
I don't regret any of the above distractions.  It was a great weekend!  But I have a sense of impending doom... which is ridiculous since I wear me-made every day anyway... just not in a particularly "styled" way.

So I will just have to "get over myself" and get on with it.  If nothing else, I have a great "to do" list for the month!

8 comments:

Scruffybadger said...

Thanks for reminding me! Like you I tend to wear mostly me made (given up on the undies!) but may have forgotten my challenge to get more outdoor pics (in *this* weather!)
Loving the first glimpse of your darling ranges....

Anj said...

Being mostly a knitter and not-much- of-a-sewer I aspire to doing more than upcycling ebay bargains and have a pattern printed out, taped and ready to go.. soon, soon... Good luck with the challenge! And yes, Mauve and Mustard for sure.

indigorchid said...

Aaah, that's just how I feel - impending doom! I think the picture taking and the styling is what is a little stressing. Though I might get some of those UFO's done during May, instead of before!

Urban Rustic said...

I had exactly the same plan for myself for the week end too...but instead spent the entire time trying to sort out an internet that did not want to work and as I am "neanderthal" in such things it took far longer than needed..at least you got some sewing achieved and saw a film!

the craftytraveller said...

We have a saying at home that definitely applies here: it will all come out in the wash!

Minnado said...

I like the darling ranges peek. I too had great plans to get my stashed clothes out of the loft, to iron my woven me made tops and finish my dress but sick kids last week and making butterfly wings for a fifth birthday party took precedence! x

Donna said...

I didn't quite finish my prep list either, but I got some of it done so I feel okay. ;) I did have a slight moment of panic this morning when I had to choose my clothes but then I shrugged and got on with it!

Christine Laennec said...

I'm really glad you and FL got out to the pictures! And believe me, your me-made-May will not fail to impress us, even if it doesn't match your incredibly high standards.