|Batwing shirt - the black one on the right|
On Sunday I made a start on a Batwing Shirt using my Japanese sewing pattern magazine, Female Spring 2012.
I traced the pattern on holiday and had all sorts of mad plans to make it in black cotton lace or chiffon... but practicality and the stash intervened and I decided to use some deco daisy print silky cotton I bought from Croft Mill over a year ago. I didn't expect to have enough fabric, as the pattern specified 2.9 metres and I only had 2... but I managed to squeeze all the pieces out and match the daisies!
So far so good... I hope to get it sewn up over the next few evenings.
This is excellent timing, because I recently bought some fabulous fabric to make a top... only to realise when it arrived that it looked more like a pyjama print. I do not currently own anything resembling pjs, and have an overnight trip planned with The Girl in June, so something needed to be done! I plan to use a Japanese pattern to draft some bottoms and rustle up a matching camisole top. Yay! Party time!