Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Me Made May: Week One

Shazzam!
Me Made May begins with a flash of lightning!

1 May, Me-Made:
Coat (Japanese pattern from book "Sweet Black")
Hat (Ruche Beret from "Weekend Hats")
Shorts (Simplicity 2654)
Special effort made?:  I polished my boots!  Threw all the reds in together.


2 May, Me-Made:
Cardigan (Audrey in Unst)
Skirt (Colette Ginger)
Top (Lisette Portfolio, Simplicity 2245)
Special effort made?  Amber jewellery, gifted to me by my dear FL a few years back.  Very "grown-up" and classy!


3 May, Me-Made:
Blouse  (Sencha)
Trousers (Eva Dress)
Special effort made?  I washed my hair.  No, seriously, I don't usually do that mid-week!  Vintage cashmere cardigan to posh-it-up a bit for an important meeting at work.


4 May, Me-Made:
Sweater (Bettie's Pullover from Interweave Knits Winter 2011)
Skirt (1952 vintage pattern, Simplicity 3983)
Special effort made?  Nail polish (Butter London "Muggins") And I challenged myself to wear this skirt, which is a difficult length.  The overall effect reminds me of a lady golfer from a 1930's knitting pattern.

5, 6 and 7 May, Me-Made:
No pictures of the Long Weekend "outfit" because it wasn't an outfit at all!
I wore my Central Park Hoodie over jeans, two t-shirts and a wool polo neck jumper, because it was cold.  Hand-knitted socks were also worn.  Hand-made knickers go without saying nowadays.
Special effort?:  None.


8 May:  Me-Made
Blouse (Sencha)
Skirt (Colette Ginger)
Cardigan (Audrey in Unst)
Special Effort made:  Nail polish (Butter London in "Artful Dodger") and an attempt at a colour-wash shampoo which turned my hair into a wild frizz-ball with no discernible colour effect.  (Fail!)

Summary so far?
  • I need to shorten that navy skirt.
  • I need to paint my nails the night before if I am going to get to work for 9am.
  • Next time I make a Ginger skirt with the cupid's bow feature, I need to reinforce the waistband.
  • I need a new photographer.

15 comments:

Snickerdoodle Smith said...

Lookin' good Roo!

Flossie said...

Wow! These outfits are all beautiful. You have such a lovely sense of style.

Marie said...

Very nice outfits, you are very talented! And your photos are always such fun!

feresaknit said...

I like everything obviously but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that blue coat and contrasting lining! :D

Donna said...

I love what you've done so far, including the photos! :)

theperfectnose said...

Your pics are very cute! The first outfit is my favourite though, I like the red + purple combo!

Evie said...

Wow...looking good! What a great start to MMM.

indigorchid said...

I love your posing! And I love the idea of highlighting the special efforts you made, and particularly challenging bits. I think those are easy to forget once the project is all done. I really enjoy seeing your outfits!

Anonymous said...

"The lady golfer" - exactly, and the shoes are perfect for her! Well done!
-- stashdragon

Ali said...

I'm so impressed with how many me-mades you have :) Great seeing your outfits.

Sigrid said...

Enviable wardrobe! I really like how you have versatile solids that you mix with great florals, like the soon to be made pansy skirt.

StephC said...

I do love your sense of style. That 30's golfer look is so cool! Now I'll be scheming to make it happen in my life. :)

juicyknits said...

Love this! I'm looking forward to week 2!

Bundana said...

Roo- you are simply fabulous! I just adore that twee, cute, intellectual, eccentric and sassy style you have! You are an inspiration!!

Bundana X

Alessa said...

Great outfits, I love your knitted cardis and pullovers! I'm also in love with Day 1's outfit, the colours look fabulous on you and I love all the red contrast buttons!