Thursday, May 10, 2012

Off Piste Pansies

Thursday already and not a stitch sewn or knitted this week - tsk!
Administration of my Etsy, Amazon and Ebay listings have nibbled away at the last few evenings.  But that's OK - it's rather fun!
My rush of weekend energy was predictably followed by a bit of a dip, but I have also been enjoying browsing new-to-me blogs unearthed by the Me Made May Flickr set - so many amazing outfits!  I am storing up loads of inspiration.

A surprise entry into the "must sew now" category is an out-of-print Cynthia Rowley skirt pattern (Simplicity 2512), which was huge in blogland a couple of years ago.  At the time, it went right over my head and I watched other sew-ists enthusing about it with a shruggy "So what?  A bit 90's isn't it?". 

Oh Roo!  When will you learn?  You take a long time to come round to a new shape don't you?

Every time one of these skirts pops up in the Flickr group, I think "OK... I really must do it this time..."

So... rather late to the party, I am planning a tulip skirt.  I think it will be fabulous in my pansy and bluebird print twill....  the same fabric I have earmarked for a second Darling Ranges dress!
I am hoping to have enough yardage to make both.  Although it is a very distinctive print, I think I have room in my life for two such different garments in the same fabric.
So that's the latest plan... watch this space!

8 comments:

Clare said...

Yay for tulip skirts! That fabric is absolutely beautiful - I can't wait to see your skirt!

Kirsty said...

The fabric is divine and I think will suit the tulip skirt beautifully!

Anonymous said...

First I had to find that pattern on etsy and buy it. Now I can thank you for showing it to me!
-- stashdragon

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot to tell you how beautiful the bluebird-and-pansy print is. Which view of the skirt do you have in mind for it?
-- stashdragon

Scruffybadger said...

Gosh its that fabric again.....swoon.......will love seeing it in that tulip

Roobeedoo said...

heh heh stash dragon - so pleased to have enabled you!;)
I am planning to make View B.

toboldlysew said...

I love this skirt - I was going to sew this when I started sewing but still haven't managed it - can't wait to see your version! Which one are you going to do?

christinelaennec said...

I adore that fabric! I think it'll make a very lovely tulip skirt.