Monday, June 18, 2012

FO: Dots and Stripes Socks


This is the fastest piece of sock-knitting in my history!

I cast these on in preparation for FL's hospital visit on 10 June, and I cast them off on 17 June.

They were my constant companion for that week, accompanying me to Glasgow and back on the train,  calming my anxiety in hospital and hotel room alike.


Stats:
Pattern:  Dotty from Irishgirlieknits
Yarn:  Online Supersocke 100 Paradise Color, from Germany via an eebaay shop, approx £4 per 100g ball (these took less than one ball).

Verdict?  I love this pattern.  I have knitted it twice before and it just keeps on getting better.  The spacing of the rows of dots gets larger as you speed down the leg and foot, and you start knitting faster and faster to knit "just one more repeat" until... oh look!  Finished!

I took the time to match up the stripes on the two socks, resulting in only a few yards of "wasted" yarn. 

More, more!!

9 comments:

christinelaennec said...

Wow you are quick! I haven't even had time to comment on your last post! Your trip to Glasgow looks excellent. I'm wishin a very happy belated birthday to the Girl. I hope she's having fun. Obviously you are ;-)

Evie Jones said...

Speedy spotty stripy socks. LOL!

Gail said...

These are so cool!

Carolyn said...

So fast!! Very impressive indeed!

Lynne said...

Good grief! That was quick! And they look great. :)

Anonymous said...

They remind me of Popsicles. Do you get those across the pond?

Scruffybadger said...

What sock finery! I am always so in awe of you knitting such funny shaped things - & so quickly?! It's the tights I want you to make next - now that would "blow my rtw-machine-made-socks off"(sorry couldnt comment last week - internet glitches)

Minnado said...

Love them - they sound like they were stress-busting-knitting socks to make. I second Scruffy Badger - I want to see you knit tights!

Roobeedoo said...

Thanks everyone! Hmmm... maybe I could use self-striping wool to make THE TIGHTS...?

Anonymous - I don't think we have popsicles here - is it like an ice lolly? They remind me of a licorice sweet they used to sell in Woolworths.