Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pattern Alert: Wearing History shorts!

Ooh - look what popped up in my browser today!


Wearing History is showing previews of a new pattern for pleated vintage-style shorts!

The Rita Pleated Shorts are pretty much the shorts-of-my-dreams.  They could pass for a skirt in a workplace situation, they have suspenders for that slightly cheeky tomboy rockabilly vibe, and they are kinda vintage without looking like they should be in a museum - ooh! 

Chambray!

Denim!

Linen!

Or how about gingham?!
 


Let me at 'em!

So much for sticking to the plan...

All images borrowed from the Wearing History blog here.


7 comments:

didyoumakethat said...

WOW! Thank you for sharing. Could this pattern be that elusive perfect cycling skirt?!! I mean shorts, I mean skirt, I mean... Ooh, really would like to try making these. You may have found my holy grail for me!

LinB said...

Looks kilt-y. Do it in a tidy little plaid, and set the suspenders on the bias. Wear your dotty knickers underneath, in case of a windy day.

Evie Jones said...

These are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

thesewingmiserablist said...

Those are gorgeous and so practical (ish) I'd probably wear them with a shawl collar or peter pan collar tee. You know, for when summer arrives.

Scruffybadger said...

Absolute swoon......

Lynne said...

Ooo! These are lovely, short, but lovely! :)

Rachel Proffitt said...

I have a pair I made from an original 1940s pattern... they don't blow up like skirts do in the wind (not from lack of trying on the wind's part) and they are super comfy :) I love them!