Wednesday, August 08, 2012

WIP Wednesday

On Sunday, I got stuck into my next sewing project:  a red 1970's pattern suspender skirt. I don't really have much more to do, but it will probably be Friday before I get to it.
I also restitched the seams of my blue raincoat above the waist and it is a much better fit now.  But it's the sort of garment that benefits from long periods of dedicated sewing, so I have set it aside until The Girl has come and gone again.  There are going to be too many entirely necessary and welcome interruptions over the next week or so.

In knitting news, here is Shalder, looking especially unphotogenic!
As you can see, I just have the yoke, pockets and front edging to complete.  The yoke has stitchy business on both the knit and the purl rows so isn't as speedy to work as I expected... but there is no rush! I am really liking the Rowan All Seasons Cotton.

In life news, I am managing to reduce the amount of time I fritter away in blogland by the simple trick of not switching on the router every evening!  At work, I am drinking water instead of tea... which means I am not tempted to plunder the office biscuit tin.  I have been cooking more veg-y meals and FL has not complained for at least three days!  There's still not much sign of exercise though... unless painting the walls counts?  So that's my goal for the coming weekend:  do something active!



7 comments:

Lynne said...

Wow!! You've been busy, three big projects on the go at once! I envy your willpower to avoid the internet, that's probably why you can do three different things! :)

Natalie said...

I just searched your blog for "knickers"... in case you were wondering who it was :o)

Anonymous said...

roo, i admire your inventiveness with the router! the blue shade of the sweater is divine. hope you find some FUN activity for the week-end. hugs, karen

Sølvi said...

Painting can be exhausting, I´d definitely count it as exercise. I recently painted our new bathroom, and felt completely beat up the next day. ;-) By the way, I can´t wait to see you red suspender skirt. Sounds delicious! :-)

Carolyn said...

I so admire your amazing progress with knitting. Every time I visit your blog you have some new and amazing piece of knitting, practically finished!! I love the new cardigan, this is a beautiful colour for you with your lovely hair colour.

Scruffybadger said...

What great teaser shots! I like your bold sewing colours....red skirt, blue coat....I'd say there's no energy lacking in that department....exercise will naturally follow! And I agree, decorating is exercise. Cooking is exercise too...try bread making ( by hand?!)

jessica said...

Not getting on the internet at all, even only a couple nights a week, makes a huge difference! (I know this and yet always break my own rules about it :-P). Wall painting sorta counts - arm and back and shoulder muscles, no?