Monday, September 17, 2012

Jolis Patrons de Couture! Deer & Doe

Bonjour mes amies!
J'ai une manie nouvelle:  les patrons de Deer& Doe!

La Bluse Airelle

I signed up for email alerts from Eleonore some time ago.  And today I received the news that her pattern shop is open for business, here.
Oh my!
You might know Eleonore from her old blog pachi-pachi.  She inspired me to try the Bella trouser pattern when she constructed her Best Jeans Ever.  She made some fab clothes from Japanese patterns too, back in the day.
La Robe Bleuet
But how time has flown, and now here she is, a bona fide pattern designer in her own right - and from the looks of it, she is going to give Colette a run for their money!
The only catch?  She is 100% French and so are her patterns.  But from the preview pics on her blog, it looks as if her instruction booklets include plenty of clear diagrams.  And you've heard of Google translate haven't you?  Come on - it can't be as hard to understand as Burda's style of English!
La Robe Sureau

I am struggling to choose between them.  The dresses are so cute!  That blouse is so versatile! And the coat is a little bit Abbey, a little bit Anise, but absolutely itself.
Her fabric choices are spot-on too, and handily (some bank managers might say tragically) she provides a link to her source fabric shop - oooooh!

La Veste Pavot

Time to brush up my language skills I think!
A bientot!

16 comments:

shivani said...

Zut alors! La robe sureau c'est tres chic - comme le robe Darling Ranges, mais peut-être plus facile, non?

I've been meaning to brush up my French - now I have the prefect incentive!

Gail said...

Wow! Thanks for introducing us to these patterns! They're lovely!

Anna said...

I love the Sureau dress. I have never taken a days French in my life though so they're very intimidating for me. Not sure I need another dress pattern either! Are they sent by post or pdf (see, no French!).

Roobeedoo said...

Anna - they are hard-copy patterns - sent through the post.

Joan said...

Hi Ruth,

I live in France and have done some sewing in my time so I would be happy to give you a hand with translating should you need it. After all the enjoyment I get from your blog, it's the least I can do!

Roobeedoo said...

Joan - that is a very kind offer. Thank you!

Law said...

Oooh these patterns are cute, I bet translating the instructions won't be too tricky, especially for an experienced sewer like you, you probably won't need most of them!

Andrea B said...

Beautiful! I would happily make all of these designs! Now if only my French courses taught me how to say "Grade seam allowances and clip curves of the armsyce" instead of "My name is Andrea."

Tanit-Isis said...

Oh, those are adorable! Now I want a French pattern just for the practice. And I could make the kids read the instructions for their home reading... :D /covet. She has a nice little glossary (albeit in French) under "Bien demarrer" that explains the sewing terms, if you have basic French.

sarahp said...

I'm on the lazy 'google translate' bandwagon. Love these patterns...

Kristen said...

You are quite the enabler! :) I absolutely <3 that coat. And I absolutely don't need to add a project to my want list! But thank you for sharing, I doubt I would have found these patterns otherwise. One of the many reasons I'm thankful for the Internet and the blogging community.

Scruffybadger said...

Wow and swoon. How romantic would it be to sew from a French pattern, particularly when the styles are themselves , we , pretty romantic with beautiful detailing, sweet collars and was thata bow? Love them....

Scruffybadger said...

Wow and swoon. How romantic would it be to sew from a French pattern, particularly when the styles are themselves , we , pretty romantic with beautiful detailing, sweet collars and was thata bow? Love them....

Evie Jones said...

Does sewing one of these patterns constitute studying?
Please say yes.

Roobeedoo said...

Evie: Mais oui!
;)

Dibs said...

ah Roo, I am only seeing this post now. I am so in love with the patterns myself. I want to make the coat so badly. lol