Thursday, September 20, 2012

More about Deer and Doe

OK, so I am obsessed...


I just wanted to share some more details about Deer and Doe patterns for all non-French speakers out there.  I have no affiliation to Eleonore or her small business, I just like what she is doing!

The pattern-testers are starting to come out of the woodwork, and a good place to start your Deer-stalking "in the wild" is at this blog: Deer and Doe Addicts.

Paunnet has a great interview (in English) with Eleonore on her blog here... with a giveaway!

And over on the Deer and Doe shop blog, Eleonore is doing a style-by-style introduction to the patterns, starting with the Robe Sureau.


Me? I have ordered two dress patterns:  Sureau and Bleuet.  I had a slight mis-hap with Paypal, which automatically added "France" to my address (lol!) and had to email Eleonore, which I did in secondary-school-level French.  She replied in English and mentioned that the diagrams are very clear, so language should not be a barrier.

Now I just have to be patient until my order arrives...

I know - I'll knit a sock!

11 comments:

Dibs said...

oh dear. I am on my way to ordering now. I want to make the Bleuet dress and the pavot coat. I am so excited. Its been a while since I read in french.

Kestrel said...

I also like the Sureau - am looking forward to seeing some versions pop up online so that I can see how well it comes together.

Kirsty said...

Just bought the veste pavot !

agirlinwinter said...

Oooh how exciting. I love the top dress in your post. I have ummed and ahhed about Deer and Doe because I was worried I wouldn't be able to follow the instructions (my French is abysmal). Look forward to seeing how you get on!

Evie Jones said...

It's a good obsession. Bleuet just makes me sigh! If you get stuck with the pattern please email me. I have a little French and have knitted in French so may be able to help.
She does say in her Paunnet interview that she's planning to bring them out in English too. Can't wait to see your versions.

Melizza said...

I look forward to seeing your garments. I suspect they are going to look really great on you.

Andrea said...

These patterns look pretty great. I'll be looking forward to hear about your experience sewing them up given that the instructions are in French. Even though I read French, I also read Spanish (my mother tongue in fact) but had a hell of a time deciphering pattern instructions from Patrones magazine so I’m left gun shy about patterns published in a language other than English. Keeping my fingers crossed that Deer and Doe’s diagrams will be much better than those (non-existent!) in Patrones.

sylkotwist said...

These are really lovely, thanks for the links. Looking forward to seeing your versions and thank you for being a guinea pig!!

Scruffybadger said...

To say that I am excited is an understatement....the second dress ( being french I cannot remember its name) is adorable with gathering.....yummy! So, I'm all eyes! Can't wait to see your versions :-)

Anonymous said...

thank you, love your blog. your kind of writing makes me smile and trying hard not to laugh out loud (while at work)!

Sabs said...

Mg PayPal did the same thing when I ordered my robe Sureau last night for the sew along...I haven't emailed Elenore - do you think I should? I don't want the pattern delivered somewhere really random & I miss out! Altho on my order direct to D&D (and the email confirmation) it did say Royaume-Uni. Maybe I worry too much...