Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Over-Excited Brain Dump Catch-up Post

Hurry up Mr Postman!  I can't wait to have a closer look!
Guess what, guess what, guess what?!?!
I am a winner in round three of the Pattern Pyramid - ooh ooh ooh!
In case you don't know, Karen sent this international rollercoaster down the track back in June, here.
I followed a couple of patterns around the world for a while, and then the trail went cold.  I kept on throwing my name in the hat, though, just in case - and my persistence has paid off at last!
Yay!
I am the next link in the chain that went from Karen, to The Perfect Nose, to Carolyn, who made this amazing jacket from her Pattern Pyramid choice - wow!
I am totally over-excited to be part of this project and I will definitely be prioritising my Pyramid make when the patterns arrive - ooh which one to choose?!
Watch this space!

In other news...

I am reading:
The Crimson Petal and the White  It has been 5 6 weeks now.  It is a very very long book!

I recently devoured Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal, Jeanette Winterson's latest autobiography.  I wrote a  long, self-indulgent wallow of a blog post about it... and then decided you didn't need to know all that stuff.  Let's just say:  Jeanette and I have childhood themes in common and it is a wonderful book to read if literature is an important part of your life or if you have ever struggled against a religious upbringing. Or both.

And I downloaded the free sample chapter of Happier at Home from here.
I haven't read The Happiness Project, and I am having trouble slowing down enough to read Gretchen Rubin's blog (why is that?) but I like the themes her books explore. 

I am really looking forward to reading Zadie Smith's new novel, NW - that's my September holiday reading sorted!

I am about to sew
More knickers!
Kelly Skirt in dark denim.
Kelly skirt in mustard cord.
My cobalt blue raincoat.

And knitting?
I am working the i-cord bind-off on Shalder!  Nearly there!


And in sock news, I joined the Ravelry group "Sock Knitters Anonymous" to motivate me to work through my yarn stash.
My first project for September is a pattern called Rainy Weekend Socks, which is written in German.  Another SKA member has started a group to work up an English translation, which is great for me as it will help me understand other German patterns, of which I have many!
I am knitting these in dark green Lidl yarn, for a man's Christmas present :D

And clutter clearance?
Last weekend saw some amazingly successful fund-raising on Ebay, with 15 parcels sent out into the world, and corresponding space freed up in my home and my brain!  The things people will buy!

I am breathing a little more easily now.



9 comments:

didyoumakethat said...

And breath! Best blog post title ever. I can't wait to see which pattern you choose and I'm thrilled that this has made its way to you. Thanks for the book recommendations. Do you know I am currently 32% way through 'Capital' on my Kindle - really enjoying it.

velosewer said...

Congratulations. It's nice to meet another excited creator of things:)

tim's wife said...

My sister is a master e-bay-er
and you're right, it is unbelievable what people will buy. She is always amazed and has sold hundreds of things. She once sold a BRA. It was one of those special jobs that she wore once under a bridesmaid's dress and knew she'd never wear again. She washed it,posted it on e-bay, and it was snapped up. Crazy.I have to get on that wagon. Have a ton of stuff to get rid of.

Lynne said...

I love the look of your cardigan, and shall look forward to the finished photos. Good luck with the sewing up!! :)

Carolyn said...

Your purple cardigan is going to be so lovely :) I posted the patterns last Thursday 30th, so I would love to know how long it takes to get to you; please let me know when you get them! I cannot wait to see which pattern you choose!

agirlinwinter said...

The cardigan is looking great! I read 'The Crimson Petal and the White' a few months ago. I enjoyed it very much, but it's a looooong book. Look forward to seeing more versions of the Kelly skirt :-)

Linda C said...

You have gotten an amazing lot done and you are going to do an amazing lot more. Enjoy the patterns. I will need to get that book-the Happiness Project-I am a slave to my to-do list.

LindaC

christinelaennec said...

This post made me laugh out loud. Good for you! Hope you calm down eventually, if you want to.

Scruffybadger said...

Loved reading what's going on for you ( clearly past tense now!!) and scarlet petal and the white was dramatised not that long ago...I enjoyed watching it and interesting if it's also a good ( but long) read