Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sock in Nature

 In the grand tradition of knitting bloggers across the planet, may I present my latest sock project with scenic backdrop?
That's Loch Broom you can see beyond the trees.
FL and I are here on holiday.  He has a stinking cold and as a result is thoroughly grumpy, but Hero and I are having a lovely time revisiting old haunts and finding new patches of heather to sniff.
There was a mix up with our holiday cottage booking, so we spent the first night at an unexpected house with the beautiful balcony you see in the first picture.
I could happily have stayed there, if only for the well-stocked bookshelves with plenty of old favourites to browse through.  There was a whole row of vegetarian cookbooks, and a full range of spices in the kitchen cupboard:  my kind of house!

Today we moved over to our "own" holiday home.  We've stayed here before and it has everything we need.  I have spent the afternoon knitting my sock and letting the dog set the pace on the hills.  FL has had a sleep.
P.S. Don't forget - you have til Friday to enter the Pattern Pyramid giveaway!

9 comments:

christinelaennec said...

That top photo is fantastic! Beautiful socks, somewhat outdone by spectacular scenery. I hope you have lots more similarly sunny weather. I'm so glad you've had the chance to go on holiday, though sorry FL has a horrible cold. (The Cold has arrived at our house as well.) And glad you didn't mind having not one but two holiday homes this week!

Gail said...

It's beautiful - both the sock and the scenery! Have a fantastic vacation! Hope FL is better soon :-)

Sølvi said...

That´s a gorgeous backdrop for an unusually pretty sock! What is the pattern you are using? Hope you are having a wonderful time1

jessica said...

Catching up on your blog here ~ hope you are enjoying your holiday! It's really lovely to get away, and there's something especially comforting about a familiar place (although that first place you stayed, beautiful!) Love your Denim Kelly skirt, it divinely hits that sweet spot of "wardrobe gap" and "YES!" Please stop making these, Roo, you are giving me fits of makers envy (I kid, please make up the mustard cord!) They look so effortlessly stylish on you, I haven't done boxpleats in ages and you are bringing back that itch like nobody's business.

Have an extra nice walk for me!

Linda C said...

So nice to have a holiday. Not fun to be sick - but maybe he'll perk up before you all have to go back. Handsome sock - is ir a potential Christmas present?

I am happy the dog is having a nice holiday too.

LindaC

sarahp said...

Oh what a wonderful photo! How beautiful is Scotland (and your sock). Enjoy the rest of your holiday :)

LinB said...

Adore the sock-in-nature shot. Thank goodness you didn't just stick it in front of a tree or shrub and snap away, awkwardly cutting off its head in the process -- or, making it look as if the tree/shrub were growing out of its head. My mother's photo albums are full of photos that look as if she comes from a family of dryads. Which might be a useable pseudonym: Ashley Dryad? Nymphetta Oakley?

Scruffybadger said...

I think sock with loch shot is the perfect roobeedoo postcard shot. Hope you have a fab time, your hols always look so beautifully located...

Alessa said...

:) Sounds wonderful. Kitchens that come including spices are my kind of kitchen, too. :D Have a beautiful holiday!