Tuesday, October 23, 2012

FO: Stripes Alive socks

Another pair of self-striping socks!

There were for my October "Sock Knitters Anonymous" challenge.  I am so pleased to have regained my sock-knitting momentum!

They took less than one ball of On Linie Supersocke 100 "Paradise Color".  The leftovers will go towards another few squares of my sock yarn blanket. (Hmmm... who remembers that particular UFO?!)

I really enjoyed knitting these.  The pattern was easily memorised and I love that the stripes came out so evenly.  I did my best to start the second sock at the same part of the stripe sequence as the first, and they are almost identical - woo hoo!

They have a "short row garter stitch heel" and it is my new Best Friend.  Look at how the pink stripes converge  in that perfect triangle!  Fab!
I will definitely use this pattern again. 

As there is still a week of October to go, I started another sock project to see me through until the next SKA Challenge (November).

I am making the Cambium Socks from the Sock Report.

These are not going quite so well.  There are twisted stitches on every second row, and I have to concentrate to avoid pulling the yarn too tight, making it impossible to perform the twist.  I will be glad to reach the heel so I can have a little rest!

5 comments:

Gail said...

These are so cheery!

Lynne said...

I love these!! The yarn is fab. Another pattern for the queue!

soisewedthis said...

all of these great knitting projects are making me want to take up knitting! i'm barely making enough time for my sewing projects though! i love these socks

Linda C said...

I love those socks. I wish I could find some where that sold them, or that I had a family member who knits.

LindaC

christinelaennec said...

Very pleasing indeed!