Thursday, October 25, 2012

Middle Age Fabrics

I have to share!
I was scouring the web for good-quality jersey fabric with which to clothe my shivering bones, when I found a company based in Germany which sells some most attractive-looking material, and include the following sections in their website:

And I fully expected that when I clicked the highlighted link, I would find the sort of fabrics you might use for a historical re-enactment...

But when I looked, I wasn't sure.  This could be fabric specially selected for the stereotypical middle-aged customer!  Mother of the Bride?  Look no further!  Jacquard, wool, lace, linen, brocade:  it's all here!

But neon coloured tulle?
Shocking pink lace?
Wowzer!

You can buy it here if you fall into the right demographic!

11 comments:

Tamsin said...

That's hysterical!I wonder who they mean? Looks like perfectly normal fabric to me.

beate said...

they really mean the medieval re-enactment!
not us "middle aged" women ;-)
(looked at the german site)
strange thinking - poly-fabrics for medieval costumes...

Miriana said...

Hilarious. Good site though - they have some nice stuff if one digs around a bit.

Stevie said...

I think my tea just came out of my nose reading that hah! I agree though, not a bad site, finding quality jersey is a bloody nightmare in the UK, Calico laine isn't too bad. Also My fabrics which is another german site has a lot of choice! x

The Foggy Knitter said...

What a fab shop, thank you for sharing it, the yarn selection isn't bad either, though I wish they'd sell some more of the sock yarns, Lana grossa and online sock yarns aren't easy to get over here.

Sarah Rooftops said...

Wha...?! And why only middle aged? Why not adolescent fabrics, pre-teen fabrics ("as soft as Justin Bieber's skin"), little old lady fabrics...?

Seraphinalina said...

How... strange.

christinelaennec said...

Too funny!

acharmofmagpies said...

Ha! Love how some things get lost in translation. Still, as I intend to wear bright colours and tulle and other obnoxious things well past middle age and onwards, I shall use this as evidence that this is not only acceptable, but expected!

AltoGirl said...

That's so funny! I have to check it out since I'm in that category. At first I thought, "wouldn't Middle-Age fabrics be in a museum?" HA!

sylkotwist said...

Very funny! Shockingly no tweed!