Friday, November 02, 2012

Exciting Pattern News!

Guess what?
After I posted about wanting to copy the Drafting Top by ITtERATIONS Workwear, I was contacted by Jill, the designer herself.

She wondered whether I would like the opportunity to buy a copy of the pattern, and offered to make it available to you lovely readers too, if you are interested.

What do you think?

Jill is thinking of offering sizes XS to L, for around $18 including shipping to the UK.


Here is the description from the ready-to-wear version:

"Jump into creative work comfortably in a chic top. Features sporty zig-zag stitching, two oval patch pockets, longer in back, and finished with semi- iridescent binding at the neck.

Generous draping at the back and sides, dropped shoulder with slim sleeves.

Wear this top with skinny jeans, flats and a chunky beaded necklace, or with a slim skirt, tights, and boots to play up its easy voluminous shape.

Try it with a lace bra peeking out of the neckline for sexy edge. Great west coast style for any play-date or daytime outing.

Measurements: 24" from shoulder to front hem, 27" from shoulder to back hem, 34" across front chest (double for circumference)

Fit: Oversized and boxy, low round neck. "


It can also be made without sleeves for a summery top - or perhaps as a woolly wintery layering piece.

 It would look great on a full range of body shapes, in all sorts of fabrics. 

I am imagining a drapey midnight blue velvet, or a marl grey viscose jersey, or a leopard print or one of those amazing zigzag missoni-type knits?

Ooh!

If you think you might like a copy of the pattern, please leave a comment on this post, so Jill can gauge the level of interest. 


N.B. Leaving a comment does not commit you to buying a copy when it goes on sale! 

13 comments:

Lucy said...

That is incredibly exciting!

I'm not registering interest for myself because it would be COMPLETELY the wrong shape for me, but major kudos to the designer for thinking outside the box.

Kirsty said...

Agree that this is very exciting.Yes, I think I'd buy the pattern!

cathymk said...

I'm in Australia - will she ship O/S - I love the pockets on this top.

map. said...

I love this top! I used to think oversize wasn't for me, but I've learned that it all depends on the drape of the fabric and the fitted-ness of the sleeves -- this one looks fantastic!

Linda C said...

I would like to buy one. It's not really boxy boxy- the slim sleeves and drapey shape keep it from being the boxy square like conventional t-shirts which is what I don't like. Absolutely-Fabric choices, yum!

LindaC

velosewer said...

That's very generous of the designer. I'm not a oversize top person - too short - but I love the detailing. It's an elegant style and the pocket placement is stylish too.

bloglessanna said...

I'd be keen to give it a whirl, but would also need shipping to Oz.

Anonymous said...

Very nice top, but if not one for someone who is not rake-thin and has a rather noticeable 'shelf' sticking out up top. Ah to be tiny.

Jen said...

I love this top! And would love to get the pattern... What a great idea from the designer.

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously tempted - and, as Lucy said above, "kudos to the designer for thinking outside the box".
-- stashdragon

Lauren said...

Hello, yes I would be interested, I really like the style. I'm in Australia, am hoping for international posting options?

Madelaine said...

Totally interested. And I think this would look awesome on bigger gals too (I am one!)

Anonymous said...

I would love to be able to purchase this pattern!
Catherine