Sunday, November 18, 2012

Geysir Immersion

What more appropriate reading matter to accompany a knitting project called "Geysir Stretch" than a book sub-titled Strangers in Iceland?

My weekend has been a knitterly immersion in the latest Stephen West shawl pattern, part of his Choreo KAL project.

After the usual Saturday chores, I settled down to knit, breaking off only to walk the dog in the top woods.  FL came too.  It's been a while since he felt able to walk through the trees.  The path is often hazardous in the half-light, with unexpected branches plucking at our hats from above and boot laces from below.
And today?  More knitting, more reading. Blueberry spelt muffins and a hot drink.
There is a venison and root vegetable stew in the slow cooker and the house smells of the port and prunes I hid in the depths of the sauce.
If this is winter, I don't mind.

15 comments:

sylkotwist said...

Sounds perfect, winter is good!

serendipturas said...

Oooh, I just read that too! I liked it a lot, although there were to many trolls, and too little knitting, to my mind...

Kat said...

Sounds like a lovely day, I particularly like the sound of the muffins!

didyoumakethat said...

Ooh, gorgeous! Am jealous. I've done a lot of knitting this weekend, too.

Sarahel said...

Great combination of activities. That stew sounds delicious.

acharmofmagpies said...

I love the lyrical way you describe your environment. I will think of branches plucking at hats from above and bootlaces below next time I find myself in such a place.

Mary in TN said...

Love the idea of blueberry spelt muffins and stew. Mmmmm. A weekend with a good book, new knit project, great food sounds fabulous.

jessica said...

Can't think of a lovelier way to spend a weekend! And that color combination is looking awfully tasty ...

Gail said...

What a lovely weekend!

Linda C said...

Shawl will be lovely with either the raspberry pants or some dark blue or black.

Nice weekend. Got to do what you wanted, it sounds like. Good food, too

Many more like that one. Winter sounds wonderful


LindaC

Lyn said...

Sounds lovely,I do my venison with allspice,orange,cranberry and Guinness,it's yummy.

Sandy said...

All the senses being gratified... delis-ous!

rosyragpatch said...

Sounds like a perfect winter weekend. I love winter until it gets to February then I've really had enough.

Linda C said...

I should get my Drafting top fabric, etc. by Wednesday. So ectied, although, what with the holiday and family visiting, I may not be able to do anything until Sunday. Thanks for making this opportunity available.

LindaC

didyoumakethat said...

Happy, happy birthday! You're one of my favourite bloggers EVAH!!!