Friday, December 14, 2012

One More Working Week


Stephen West in his Pom Pom It hat

I'm almost there.  Just one more week at work before Christmas, as my employer has generously granted us Christmas Eve as an extra day's holiday - woo hoo!  Mind you, I will be spending most of that day at the hospital with FL. 

I have decided to save my selfish Christmas knitting for then - my Pom Pom It hat will be my new Waiting Room project.  Something to look forward to!

I still have half a sock and half a mitt to knit before the Big Day.  That sounds achievable!

And this weekend?

My pheasant-print Airelle

I am absolutely itching to sew another Airelle Blouse.  This week, I was delighted to help Eleonore (the designer) by proof-reading the English version of the pattern (translated by the lovely Anna)... so you can be assured that those gorgeous Deer & Doe designs will soon be available for all you English-speaking stitchers - woo hoo!

My close study of the instruction booklet has inspired me to make my second blouse straightaway.  I wore my pheasant Viyella Airelle twice this week and was so pleased with it:  warm enough, smart enough, quirky enough - yay!

That should be my last new project this year (note the word: "should").  After that, I really want to devote myself to finishing all the Works In Progress and making a proper plan for 2013 instead of whim-sying around like a demented butterfly.
Yeah.  Believe that and you'll believe anything!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that blouse, I might be one of the first in the queue for the English version.

By the way... I hope that you don't mind, I've nominated you for a The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
I can't find out where the idea originated but it seems a lovely way of thanking the creators of the blogs that I find the most enjoyable and inspiring.
Thanks! My post about the award(s) is here

http://pennylibrarian.wordpress.com/2012/12/14/a-noise-that-only-bats-and-dogs-can-hear/
Pennyx

shivani said...

I am very excited for the English translations of both this and the Sureau dress! hoorah for the Xmas countdown - my employer is being similarly generous with both Xmas eve AND NY eve off!

Donna said...

But the demented butterfly makes such beautiful things! ;)

rosyragpatch said...

Lovely blouse! Hope you get your knitting done before Christmas.

Gail said...

Ooooh, I feel like you're a celebrity, having done the proofreading of the Deer & Doe pattern. Very cool! I was going to buy them in French, but now I might just wait for the English versions!

jessica said...

I agree -- look at our celebrity Roo! Not only inspiring us to go out and make our own Airelle's (my eye's been on that pattern ever since you first mentioned it), but proofreading the English version. Next thing we know, we'll be turning to one another and saying, "I knew her back in the day ..." ;-).

Knitting plans sound eminently doable. Proper plan for 2013! I envy you. Have resigned myself to lurching from project to project.

Sabs said...

Oh man I'm so jealous - I offered up my services to Elèonore too but it seems like there was loads of interest. But Elèonore was kind enought to reply IN PERSON to say sorry (she is so lovely!) Anyway, hope you enjoy working with her. I love your pheasant blouse. I think that pattern might just have to go on my present wish list!