Friday, March 08, 2013

Kexmate

It is the last day of our holiday, and I thought it was time to reveal the full extent of this little project of mine, the Kex Blanket.

There are four slices of this yarn gateau, sandwiched together with  3 layers of heather jam, and wrapped all the way round with heather icing.

Two slices are in the current colour combination, but alternating slices are dark blue, light blue and claret. 

As I type, I realise I may be one colour short.  Lucky this wasn't a longer holiday!  I need to go home and count out my balls of wool.
Yeah.  This is a big piece of knitting.
I hope to complete that first layer of jam tonight.
It is doing a good job of warming my knees already!

Thank you to everyone who has joined us on our fun-packed holiday here on Skye! 

FL is a lot better, but his antibiotics have run out and he is still coughing.  No toothache though - hooray!

Me?  I have just started to cough... noooooo!

10 comments:

RooKnits said...

Oh wow, that is a mammoth project, and you have got so far already. It's going to be fabulous

Gail said...

Gorgeous. I absolutely adore your color choices!

blue hands said...

It looks fantastic. So pleased that FL is feeling a bit better. Xxx

Pam said...

Your blanket is going to be stunning (it already is!). Love the colour combination. I prescribe a hot toddy with manuka honey - it usually does the trick. But if it doesn't... have another one - at least you're guaranteed a good night's sleep then!

LLBB said...

I loooove the colors in your blanket!!!

Donna said...

Beautiful!!

wendy said...

It's beautiful and such an undertaking! I have started a blanket, but much simpler and I wonder how old I'll be when I finish it :)

Lynne said...

Oh my, your blanket looks fantastic! Good luck with the rest of it.

acharmofmagpies said...

That is a LOT of knitting. Wow. Can't wait to see the final gateau. I hope the coughing comes to nought too.

Mary in TN said...

I love the colors on your Kex Blanket! Very good that FL is feeling better. Oh no, about your coughing. Hope its nothing to worry about.