Monday, March 25, 2013

New Deer & Doe Patterns!


Datura blouse
 Loads of cute details to play with here!  I rather fancy using this pattern as the basis for a refashioned man's shirt.  But I bet it could be squeezed out of less than a yard of fabric - what a stashbuster it could be!  
Chardon skirt

The skirt is a similar bell-shape to the Kelly, but without all those pesky buttonholes.  Great to define a waist  / disguise a pouting tummy / give shape to a flat bottom.

In other words, my kind of skirt!


Reglisse dress
This dress is very youthful.. I imagine it made up in a plethora of flowing viscose prints, or silk if you are so-inclined.  Ooh - Libery Tana lawn!

But it's probably not for me.  I would worry too much about that flippy short skirt in the wind.  I really need to move somewhere with less gales!

I see that some of the fabrics used in the samples are available to buy online, so you can recreate the original -that's a really good selling point for those of us who struggle to make wise fabric choices.

And they come in English too!
From Deer & Doe.
I'll race you there!

19 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my goodness...these are even cuter than I could have imagined! I need the top and the dress asap...shame I'm not supposed to be spending money on sewing stuff at the moment :o(

shivani said...

gah! I'm not even going to try to resist... it is payday, afterall!

(ps, the dress, with a few more inches length would be fine for you, no?)

Stevie said...

I did an audible squeal when I saw these patterns. I'm with Marie on being good but I think the top may have to be bought and made for my impending holiday in June! Quick Response Roo! x

shivani said...

(I've just seen how flippy that dress is - I wouldn't dare wear it in even the mildest of breezes - not without lead in the hem!)

Caffy Bundy said...

Exciting company though, aren't they?!

I love the look of the sleeveless shirt.

Ho hum, I'm not going to make much in the way of fitted dresses and shirts until I know the full extent of my post-partum body!

In the meantime, I knit and make lots of lovely BAGGY clothes!

Bundana x

Judith said...

As you said, lots of cute details to play with...these are really great patterns...J

beate grigutsch said...

make the dress longer with an underskirt!
blouse and skirt have "roo" written on it :-)

wendy said...

I love the blouse and your idea of refashioning a men's shirt. Brilliant!

Claire said...

My eyes popped at the dress (I would have squealed except for the fact that I am in the office!). I can see me making that to take on holiday.

Sew little time said...

oooh, i love the skirt (been toying with buying the kelly patterns, but this is adorable and no buttonholes!). and that dress is gorgeous!

Lynne said...

Ooo! I love that skirt - and off I go to look on their website...

Lynne said...

Ooo! I love that skirt - and off I go to look on their website...

Lynne said...

Ooo! I love that skirt - and off I go to look on their website...

Lynne said...

Ooo! I love that skirt - and off I go to look on their website...

charlotte said...

that top is just my style.x

Andrea said...

I saw these come up on my reader earlier this morning and exercised utmost restrain. I left the house and throughout about them all day. Now I'm back and reading your post and have the feeling that the inevitable is going to happen. Off I go to buy me some patterns...

Mary in TN said...

These are soooo cute! Thanks.

Scruffybadger said...

Super tempting. I looooove the top with its cut outs, clever as that would be a new design feature to try. And the shape of the skirt if like your temptingly modelled Kelly skirt just sooooo tempting. Sigh. Will I be able to restrain myself? Thanks for the preview :-)

Anonymous said...

You just gave me a great idea. I have a huge cardboard carton full of patterns from the 80s and 90s, mostly unused, that I was going to toss. I think I shall open an Etsy shop instead. That would be 'greener' and it would bring me a tiny bit of cash.