Monday, April 22, 2013

Me Made May: a Plan

'I, Roo of www.roobeedoo.blogspot.co.uk, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear a happy handmade outfit each day for the duration of May 2013'
So help me.

Anyone who has been reading my blog for a while will know I am a repeat offender in respect of "Me Made Month" challenges.

This year, Me Made May will be no exception, but I promise not to spam your in-boxes with my outfit posts.  I took some time to decide how best to participate this time around.  I am almost entirely "me-made" every day already, so simply wearing my clothes is not a challenge.

Happy t shirt and beads: )  worn with unhappy cardi : (
I have decided to aim for a "happy handmade outfit" every day in May.  The "happy" might come from a sunny-coloured scarf, or a string of bright beads, or simply the knowledge that my combination of garments "works".  It is going to require me to take a little more time to plan what I wear, and NOT do as I did this morning:  looked in the wardrobe 5 minutes before I needed to leave the house and put on what was clean and didn't need to be ironed.  Ahem.

I am also thinking of using the month to fill the gaps in my wardrobe, and hopefully head into the summer free from the sad old RTW garments which I still fall back on as "staples", even though they are way past their best.

So my Me Made May will be a month to:
(1) Get on with knitting a cardigan or two (note: I say "get on with", not finish!)
(2) Replace the 3 faded RTW long-sleeved t's that still haunt my wardrobe
(3) Finish my Spring coat project (or start again!)

Those are my 3 main goals for the month, in terms of stitching output.  But I also want to make more of an effort to match my fabric stash to patterns and  make a plan to sew them up.  And write it down!  Make myself a folder or a notebook with swatches and drawings and... yeah, a plan.

And I might even plan my blog posts for the month, so you know that e.g. on a Wednesday I will share knitting progress, on a Sunday, my sewing... imagine that?!

Don't worry - it won't last! ;)

12 comments:

Kirsty said...

That's my favourite pledge of all! (wish I'd thought of it!)

Rachel said...

Great pledge; look forward to seeing the outfits. But I love the randomness of your posts, so don't change too much;-)

Linda C said...

I hope you will show us your outfits - I love to see them.

LindaC

Sølvi said...

Love your plan, and excited that you are participating - I really love the way you put together great looking outfits! Still working on my pledge, but yours is an inspiration!

Mary in TN said...

Love the plan. You are an inspiration. Looking forward to seeing the new outfits.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
Regardless, just wanted to say superb blog!


Take a look at my homepage - www.e-dukandoo.com

Marie said...

Fantastic, what a great plan!

Kat said...

Great pledge Roo! I am planning to dip my toes in the water of Me Made May by committing to 3 days a week - I don't have enough me-made a just yet to manage a whole week. Eep! I look forward to seeing your happy outfits :)

sylkotwist said...

Sounds a good plan but don't go all organised on us Roo, I love your unpredictability too!

LinB said...

I'm with you, in that it is difficult NOT to wear me-mades. Happy springtime thoughts coming your way.

opportunityknits said...

I really like your pledge - a happy handmade outfit a day!! Looking forward to it :)

acharmofmagpies said...

What a fantastic goal for the month! Love it. I'm looking forward to a month of happiness!