Sunday, May 26, 2013

MMM days... where are we now? 18 to 26?

 May 25 2013
Ha!  Only one me-made garment on display and I look like I am expecting triplets - fab!
This is the Summer Concert Tee worn with an ethically-challenged black jersey tube skirt bought online for a reduced price.  The company which made it does charitable works in Africa, but I don't know what they do there because I don't read Danish.  So I am just going to confess to price-influenced failure in my ethical stance and leave it at that.  It serves me right that the overall effect is "maternity wear".  I was comfortable.  Next time I wear this t shirt I will stick to jeans.  Though obviously I need to wear the skirt as often as possible to atone for my sins.  It looks fab with my Drafting Tops :)
Happiness?  Outweighed by guilt.

 May 24 2013
Me-made:  Betty Jean McNeil cardigan, Ginger skirt in teal wool, dotty Renfrew (not seen) and Simple Yet Effective shawl.
Happiness?  This is one of those outfits that I wear too often.  It is safe and dependable but lacks sparkle in my eyes.

 May 23 2013
Bounce, bounce, bounce - new cardigan alert!!!  (The other bouncing was the hailstones outside.  Yes, really!)
No, I didn't make the cardigan myself but it was handmade for me by Sue of Llynfi and I will be blogging about it soon.
Me-made:  side-buttoned Kelly skirt, sparrow print Renfrew
Happiness?  See "bounce, bounce bounce" above :D
Subdued colours influenced by the weather, I suspect.

 May 22 2013
Me-made:  dark denim Kelly skirt, Liberty tana lawn Sencha blouse, Audrey in Unst cardigan and Shetland Lace Triangle shawl.
The first time I have teamed a Sencha with a Kelly:  it works!
Happiness?:
Ooh yeah, pretty high!  The ladylike Liberty print makes the denim look almost smart, so I feel quite subversive in this outfit (heh heh heh!)

May 21 2013
Me-made:  Mushroom-print Ginger skirt, organic cotton Renfrew top, and Aestlight shawl.
Happiness?  Lime and violet.  Need I say more?  My favourite colours together at the same time - yay!
 

May 20 2013
Me-made:  Mustard Jupe Chardon, my other Sencha blouse (dark green tana lawn), Audrey in Unst cardigan.
Happiness?  I think I took the matchy-matchy a step or two too far with the tights and the shawl (knitted by Christine).  But the golden birdcage necklace really works with this skirt.  So, yeah, I was pretty pleased with myself in this get-up, and it definitely brought some sunshine to the office!

Missing days?  18, 19 and 26 were all weekend-at-home days, so there were hand-knitted socks and home-made knickers, but that's as exciting as it got.  Shovelling dead leaves, watering the lavender and cleaning out my yarn stash are not the most fashion-forward events in anyone's life!

One more week to go.  It's been interesting to compare my photos with previous me-made challenge months.  I am gathering my thoughts on that topic.  But right now I have a sock to knit because it is almost June, the month of birthdays, and I am not ready for any of them - aaargh!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I have to say I am a big fan of both your green cardigan and the brown and teal cardigan. They are beautiful and have such lovely shapes and suit you. Very beautiful.

Miriana said...

I love your use of colour in these outfits. You seem to hit a great groove!

Scruffybadger said...

It's funny that most of your outfits have colour and zing somewhere, with maybe just the weather and its wintry ness provoking your less colourful but infinitely snugglable new cardii and Kelly skirt. I am really enjoying your colour combos, inspiring! And beautiful tana liberty ....it's certainly worth the investment, the way you wear it

acharmofmagpies said...

Like Scruffy Badger said, your colour combos are wonderful, I enjoy them so much! Always make me think about how I could combine things...