Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Big C

You know how people always tell you to be optimistic?

That things are never as bad as they seem?

Well, I am sorry to say they are much much worse.

First Love has Multiple Myeloma, which basically means cancer of the bone marrow. This is not a treatable condition. He can have chemotherapy tablets which might put him into remission. Or might not.

But he can't have them until his kidneys are functioning again.

I don't expect to be blogging for a while. I have two weeks' holidays to take, and two children to entertain. But I am sure I will be knitting, so I will keep taking pictures and surprise you one day with a colourful post

6 comments:

Knittings Nice! said...

Sorry to read this news, sending you and First Love and family warm wishes.

RooKnits said...

I know I can't really help to make things better but I'm sending you and your family lots and lots of good vibes.

Gabrielle said...

I am so very sorry to read this: the shock of the BC landing is tremendous (very different BC scenario but it did happen in my family too). Please go very easy on yourselves while you absorb the news - I hope that you and FL have access to good local support (my mother and her husband both had counselling which they found very helpful) and I have my fingers firmly crossed that FL responds exceptionally well to treatment - G.

kerrie said...

oh no, i am so sorry to hear this.i'll keep you all in my prayers. this is the same illness annie modesitts hubby is battling at the moment i think. xx

Midsummer night's knitter said...

SO sorry to hear this news - keeping you in my thoughts,
India

gilraen said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope for some better days for you all in this difficult time.