Thursday, August 15, 2013

FO: Fred and George socks by Rachel Coopey

A pair of socks in 8 days?!
Roo, what has come over you?
Oh yes... the Waiting Room factor.
I won't plague you with the details other than to say that FL's planned bone marrow test did not go ahead today because they LOST HIS BLOOD SAMPLE.
I have no words.
It happened to another patient too.  His wife was screaming and crying.  I... knitted.
Back again tomorrow for another try.

Stats:
Pattern:
Fred and George Socks by Rachel Coopey

Yarn:
Yarn Yard Toddy, a 75 / 25 wool / nylon mix.  I have only good things to say about this yarn base.  Soft, squooshy, and hopefully hard-wearing.  The green was a Small Skein Society club colour.  The purple was my prize in the Coopknits Ravelry Group KAL for Willowherb.
I used 2.5mm dpns, except for the colourwork, where I used 2.75mm dpns to increase stretchiness, as my gauge is tighter in colourwork.  I learned this lesson the hard way.

Verdict?
My most-favourite socks ever, in my sock-knitting history!
The colours are completely insane.
The mis-matching makes me happier than a sensible person would admit.
But who needs sensible when they can have hand-knitted socks?!
Woo hoo!




18 comments:

Lizzi said...

I love the colours. I love the style. I love the mismatch. I love the socks. Are you getting the message here?

Jenn C said...

Love the socks...such fun colours.

wendy said...

Great socks, how could you not smile looking at these :)

Emma said...

Fabulous socks! They are fantastic.

Poor FL. How can they lose bloods. It's pathetic. :-(
Good luck for tomorrow.

christinelaennec said...

Those socks are absolutely fantabbydoo! No words for my disgust at their ineptitude.

Where the nodding violets grow said...

I love the socks. I would never have put those two colours together but they look great. I feel inspired to make some :0)

RooKnits said...

They are AMAZING Roo... unlike the hospital.

auchenshugglegranny said...

love the socks...I always wear odd....I was utter impressed by the woman who wrote off my car...her vehicle was on it side and her legs dangled out the door...vibrant paisley...she seems to have been fine...I was in a different street at the time of impact so no injury sustained....and know what..it was just a car....as for the NHS, it sucks and sometimes we just have to suck it and see while silently admiring the other womans rant.

SunnySewing said...

These are awesome! :D I love the colors

The Foggy Knitter said...

hugs about the lost bloods, and a sigh...

But what fantastic socks, I think they're the best I've seen all year - what are you making next?

Carolyn said...

Your knitting is amazing!

pennylibrarian said...

I leave my highest praise possible - they make me want to learn to knit socks. So balancing to have two glorious 'somethings' from the waiting room 'nothing'.

Amy said...

I adore your socks!

The Old Fashioned Way said...

Those are the most beauteous socks ever! Just wo!

Clio said...

Oh, I have such sock envy right now. These are so fun! I'm tempted to ditch the sensible blue socks I'm knitting for my husband and buy some crazy yarn...

MaryinTN said...

Oh Roo! How on earth can they lose a blood sample?!!! Socks are a good thing for waiting rooms, and yours are beautiful. Hoping the next appointment for FL goes better than the last couple ones.

tingledfangers said...

They are wonderful socks. The hospital? Less than wonderful. I think you may have reached some sort of entropy there.

acharmofmagpies said...

These socks are absolutely amazing! I LOVE them.

But if the fabulousness of your socks is inversely proportional to the awfulness of your health system experiences, I truly hope to see some butt ugly socks soon.