Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Stag! Canon! Sous-tendu!

Things that are making me happy right now:

Inhaling Warrior soap from Future Primitive

Brewing Earl Grey with Cherry tea from the Hebden Bridge Tea Company


Watching the incredible growth of the Verbena Bonariensis plants in my herb garden - taller than me!
Reading “The Rest of Us” by Jessica Lott.
Looking forward to trying to recreate an amazing meal eaten at the Hebden Bridge Trades Club, using my new Tibetan cookbook.
Planning autumnal sewing projects.
Clearing more clutter.
Knitting socks – of course!
Adding spice to my diy fitness regime by breaking into a chorus of “This sh*t is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s!” once out of earshot of the neighbours.
With accompanying kick-boxing moves, naturally.
Oh – and occasionally throwing in a shout of “Stag!...Canon!... Sous-tendu!” is fun too.
This is what comes of watching “Step 2 The Streets” with The Girl. It’s kinda hard to do a canon on your own though… the dog just won’t cooperate.
And my stag is particularly shabby.


5 comments:

Jodie said...

Made me smile today, Roo! I'm glad you have lots that makes you happy. Those VIBRANT (at least on my computer screen) green and purple socks are awesome. Wearing those can't help but give you happy feet!
Well, it's a beautiful summer day here in Alberta Canada and my boy and I are planning a day canoeing tomorrow. Must get out and buy some supplies!
Stay well!

MaryinTN said...

Can't wait to hear what you've made from the cookbook. I've never tried Tibetan food, and here in Tennessee I don't think there are any Tibetan restaurants.

Scruffybadger said...

That's just the kind of crazy talk I need to hear on a Friday morning before a week off! Thank you and all these things you're taking pleasure in, I am looking forward to some space to recognise my own....

Amphibiaknitter said...

You're a woman after my own heart. I. Like the Earl Grey with Lavender and the one with Strawberry pieces. I think the blue cornflower petals must be a universal Earl Grey staple.

And I LOVE those socks.

acharmofmagpies said...

This made me laugh. And reaffirmed that I'm pretty sure we'd get on really well in real life!