Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Week in Knitting

So what have we here then, Roo?
Another sock?
Oh yes!
Yesterday's hospital appointment was a long one, so I made plenty of progress on my new sock project.
This is the Narcissa Sock by Rachel Coopey from the "Unofficial HP-who-cannot-be-named-for-copyright- reasons" magazine. I am getting my money's worth out of this publication!
The yarn is utterly gorgeous.  It is from Countess Ablaze and the colourway is called:  "Nerds Prefer their Rainbows Darker"!  It is very difficult to capture the colour in a photograph.  Imagine a spiralling rainbow rubbed in charcoal, with sparkley bits through it...?  The texture is slightly crisp and dry, possibly due to the sparkley bits, but I would forgive anything when it is so pretty!

Like the Mermaid's Song Shawl, the pattern included a new-to-me stitch to learn. This one is quite easy once you get the hang of it, and makes a very interesting twisty transition between the loops of what looks like a chain running up the side of the sock.
Obviously a semi-solid yarn colour would have been the sensible choice, but this combination called to me.

In other knitting news... um.  Yeah.  I must get back to my cardigan...

4 comments:

auchenshugglegranny said...

oooh my...I NEEED that yarn,,like now man, tis feeding my geekiness

Jennifer C said...

Ohh.... I love that yarn.

Linda C said...

Love that yarn! I hope those socks are for you.

LindaC

woolmix said...

Delicious yarn, and I'm really starting to think I need to track down the can't-be-named patterns ...