Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Week in Knitting

 


In this week's thrilling instalment of:  Knitting:  My Drug of Choice, I am delighted to share significant progress on Sleeve Two of my Learn To Knit Love To Knit cardigan.
Sleeve TWO!
If I carry on at this rate, I will have a Finished Object by the end of the month - woo hoo!
And it's just as well, because I am in the grip of cardi-planning fever.  
I succumbed to not one but two Tin Can Knits books, Pacific Knits and Handmade in the UK.
The Antler Cardigan will be knit!
The Lush Cardigan too!
And I suspect Lush will come first, because I have a yarny inspiration bubbling away at the back of my head, involving two colours of Skein Queen Voluptuous.... watch this space!
 

Devotion to the cardigan has led to a slowing of progress on my Narcissa Sock, but I am still enjoying it.  I have turned the heel on Sock One.  My project bag has been with me every day this week, but I haven't had the opportunity to get on with it.  That's good!  No Waiting Rooms!



And last but not least, here is my Mermaid's Song Shawl.
I make sure I knit one repeat of the lace every evening.
13 down, another 12 to go.  Really?  Really.
And then I have the main body of the shawl to knit...  really?!
It may be time to weigh my ball of yarn to check I am not going to run out of yardage.
I haven't looked at my Kex blanket this week.
Maybe once the cardigan is off the needles?



7 comments:

The Foggy Knitter said...

All looks lovely, it is quite a knitting sort of time of year isn't it?

Jennifer C said...

Ohhhh, Lush looks really pretty

mags said...

Wow what a lovely set of knitting. They all look fab, my only attempt at kntting docks went terribly wrong!

MaryinTN said...

What great knitting projects! I really love the blue yarn for the Mermaid Shawl.

jessica said...

Yummy projects - here's to a cardi by month's end! I've got a short-sleeved pullover I'm trying to finish before it gets so cold as to be ludicrous (maybe by month's end too? Can we cheer each other on?) I'd plan to layer it with tees this fall (sort of like a: here's my Portland pullover! new sweater, new me) but fall comes a lot more quickly in Portland than I'd anticipated! It should have been done a week ago, ha!

jessica said...

PS: Kex blanket will be nice when fall really hits and cuddling under an in-progress blanket sounds like a good idea ;-). Until then - cardigans! Yes! :-P.

acharmofmagpies said...

So many beautiful things, you are amazing!