Sunday, December 29, 2013

49 before 50: Blue Hair

 Can you see it, can you see it?!
This is my second attempt at dye-ing my hair blue.  Last weekend you could just about see it if you squinted.
Another half-hour's-worth of Midnight Blue and I am... Dawn Blue?!
But it is definitely there this time and I am really enjoying it.  Even if it has the effect of making the rest of my hair look grey!

I took these pictures in the top woods this morning.  I am challenging myself to walk faster, lift my knees a little higher, get the heart pumping that bit harder.  And every so often I do a little sprint between the trees.  It all helps.
The dog got bored when the camera appeared and he wandered off.
I found him sitting outside the house when I returned.
Lazy mutt!

I never tire of taking spooky pictures of the tunnel through the pines.
I just missed capturing 5 roe deer taking their morning constitutional.


Back indoors now with my knitting and a good not-my-sort-of book.
I treated myself to a new project bag from knitrundig.
The drawstring is elasticated and secures with a toggle.  It is just the right size for a one-skein project.  In this case, it contains a Stovetop hat for The Girl.
But didn't you just knit her one of those?
Yes... and she loved it.  But then it was lost on the bus.
I am told there were tears.
What else can a mother do but knit another?

11 comments:

Jen Forsythe said...


Love your hair, it really suits you.
As I am in the 'cool' hair colour gang, I am probably biased. Amazing how colour change lifts you.

poppy in stitches said...

love the blue streak, have you tried the hair chalks - great way of testing the idea.

christinelaennec said...

My 15-year-old daughter says you are the coolest "getting-older" person that she knows! (That's a compliment.)

Lynne said...

Ah, the old "lost it on the bus"... My sister did the same thing with the hat I made her last Christmas. There were tears there too, and I also made her another one. It was easier in the long run.

I LOVE your hair!!

Twelfthknit said...

I lost my almost-new down gilet on the bus to day. Some fecker stole it.It was perfect. Sigh

Rehanon Mackenzie said...

hair looks fab my dear :)

MaryinTN said...

Love the blue highlights! Had to knit another watchcap for DH last year as the first version was left behind in a restaurant. Feel your pain!

Linda C said...

Happy 2014! Love the blue hair - I keep thinking of purple, maybe this is the year!

LindaC

Boyknitter said...

I love the blue too! I wish I was brave enough to do something radical to my appearance, but most of my wardrobe, like my hair, is black! Happy New Year x x

sulkycat said...

Happy New Year, blue Roo.

marksabine said...

Love the gnomes on the project bag! I want one! MR x