Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day after Christmas

Where have the days gone?
Working til noon on Christmas Eve meant that the holidays sneaked up on me and I wasn't really ready.
My second attempt at card-making had to be adjusted to read "Happy New Year" as it was far too late to pretend I had made them in time for Christmas!
We are having a very quiet time of it, FL and I.  There has been knitting and reading and a black and white film on tv.  I cooked something from the freezer with herbs from the garden and a whole heap of vegetables.
But really it was today before I started to relax and feel like this is a good time in our lives.
We had a walk in the woods this morning.
And I did some gentle organising and thinking and list-making.
The log fire is keeping us warm and we have new slippers cossetting our toes - I bought a pair for each of us, but FL says mine are "a fashion statement" - I think he may be jealous! 
 I hope you are having a lovely peaceful break - I know we are :)

9 comments:

Emma said...

Those are fabulous house boots. Slipper hardly seems adequate.
Wishing you all the best for 2014.

christinelaennec said...

What a beautiful embroidered cloth! I'm so glad you both have new slippers, and that you got out for a walk. Your cards are a marvel! I can't imagine the work that goes into that. Keep on enjoying the season, Roo!

Judith said...

Keep letting yourself unwind and enjoy the days together as you both wish ... J

lemon said...

Such a calm peaceful post/day, it warmed my heart. We did almost the same, except the walk in nature. I send you both my love.

marksabine said...

I've just discovered your blog and I'm hooked already! Looks like the old posts should keep me going for a while! I'm a massive fan of Merchant and Mills too, though I wish they'd produce one, just one, mens pattern! We like to sew too! I'm amazed at how much you get done! Having just relocated to the Scottish countryside for my partner's new job and enjoying a 3 month work break myself I assumed that I'd be hugely productive! Alas, long walks etc seem to have taken up all my time instead!
Merry Christmas x

Jenny Wren said...

Oh Oh, what make are those slippers?!

Roobeedoo said...

JennyWren - the slippers are the Annie style from Shepherd (I got mine from Rubyshoesday in Hebden Bridge):)

MaryinTN said...

Slippers look toasty on the toes! Merry Christmas

Sandy said...

Lovely after-Christmas snapshots… glad it was jolly. Intending your new year is filled with good things!