Saturday, January 25, 2014

FO: Thornfield Socks by Rachel Coopey

 I finished my Thornfield Socks by Rachel Coopey.
The yarn is by Knitting Goddess, in the colourway "Morticia" which shifts from charcoal through violet to grey and back again.  Beautiful!
These socks benefit from natural light - and they would have been a lot easier to knit in summertime!
I am quite relieved to get away from knitting "black" yarn in the dark of winter.
The stitch pattern reminds me of wrought-iron gates.  Thornfield after the fire?
Here we are at noon and daylight has finally arrived.
As soon as I finish writing this, I intend to dash upstairs to cut out the denim to make my Peggy skirt.  It was just too gloomy to do any sewing last weekend.
So there we have it:  my first pair of socks for 2014.
12 pairs in a year?  No problem!

 Although... there might be some competition for my knitting time.
My organic wool has arrived from France, in a wonderfully crunchy brown paper bag festooned with a sprig of lavender.  Gorgeous!
 And they sent me samples of other colours...
Oh lordy lordy, I need some of that chartreuse and that mystical herbal purpley blue grey!

8 comments:

Flossie in Stitches said...

The chartreuse yarn is lovely, as are your new socks!

Ruth Wilson said...

The wrought iron socks are exquisite. The French wool is gorgeous almost tempting me to knit again. But I am determined to reduce my sewing stash so knitting will have to wait.!

Sarah said...

These are great! I love how the colour changes. I may be brave enough to try to knit my own socks this year......eeek!

Nita said...

So intricate!

Gail said...

Those socks are gorgeous!

Star speckles said...

Fab socks!

colesworth said...

handmade Jane has some tips for working with denim, perhaps you don't need to interface, or you can use some other cotton fabric for pocket stays etc - http://www.handmadejane.co.uk/2014/01/tips-for-sewing-with-denim-and-giveaway.html

Rehanon Mackenzie said...

gorgeous :) I love the colour. You are slowly but surely inspiring me to attempt socks.