Monday, March 31, 2014

Not Just Another Manic Monday


As you can see, we are run off our feet here.
"Here" is near Ullapool, overlooking Loch Broom.
The tourist season doesn't begin until Thursday so there isn't much going on.
And that suits us just fine!
Progress continues on my crochet blanket.
It was sunny enough to sit outside for a little while today - the blanket came in handy!
And if you look closely, you will see I cracked and presented FL with his birthday holiday socks :)
These are Arnulf by Rachel Coopey.

   
 FL is delighted with them :)


Yesterday we managed a walk, all three of us, into the woods adjacent to the house.
Of course, I didn't have my camera with me.
We had another attempt today, but FL only made it halfway down the drive before his legs gave way and he had to go back to the house.  Yesterday he was still high on dexies.  Today he is starting to crash.  We are used to this rhythm, frustrating though it can be.
So the dog and I carried on, through the gate and into the trees, with many a backward glance.


 Poor Hero - a walk is just not the same without his master!

 Up the hill, there is a sheer precipice to one side of the track.
I have to keep the dog on his lead, in case he spots a deer and doesn't stop to consider the terrain.
No cake yet!
Maybe we will head into town tomorrow and see what we can find.
But really, this is all we need.


14 comments:

Wakeymakes said...

Idyllic. Just what's needed to trickle charge you all. Lovely socks. I must tackle my fear K xXx

verykerryberry said...

Thats a beautiful picture of the three of you. Enjoy the calm x

christinelaennec said...

I LOVE that photo of you, Al and Hero looking handsome ;-) Very nice crochet as well. It's huge!

Lizzi said...

What a lovely photo of you all on your holiday. Nice.

jessica said...

Looks lovely! Cake must not be put off for too long - the ravished touristing crowds descend soon! :-P. Glad it seems to be a scrumptuous holiday thus far!

sewstyled said...

Lovely socks, lovely photos and flowers!!
The snow is finally melting after a BRUTAL winter where I live. Won't see flowers or greenery for at least another month - sigh.

leslie said...

Happy for you! Looks like a lovely peacefol time...enjoy!

rosylea said...

Super photos, glad you are having a nice time. The one of you all on the bench reminded me yet again of why I love making things.

A Red Ham said...

Roobeedoo, I love the photo of you and FL together. He looks so happy and young. Enjoy your break

sewingslowly said...

What a beautiful photo of you all!

Miss said...

Love the pic of you and FL!

lemon said...

How nice to see the two of you smiling together!

Roobeedoo said...

Thank you everyone - I definitely need to print out the Family Portrait! :)

Ms Goodenough said...

Really lovely photo.