Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Love, Health and Something to Look Forward To

This morning on the radio, a vet said those were the 3 important things in life: Love, Health and Something to look forward to. We've got lots of the first one around here. Not so much of the others. I can't make health happen, so I am working on the concept of "looking forward", but it sets my nerves a-jangling when my husband tells a neighbour he doesn't have long to live... So where are we now? I haven't heard the result of my job interview, but cornered a member of the panel and forced him to confess that the successful candidate had been informed (I was gentle - I teased it out of him). The lack of official communication leaves me speechless. But it does not surprise me, because I know how dysfunctional things can be around here. Although I was looking forward to a new challenge, going Through The Double Doors would have been a surreal experience, and probably very lonely. At least where I am, I am part of a team and we can cover for each other if need be. That's pretty important right now, when FL's health is so fragile. And blue hair would have been unthinkable. Now? Now I am looking forward to trying another colour :)

12 comments:

beate grigutsch said...

yes looking forward is hard sometimes!
every time i´m very impressed about your strength and ability to think positive. chapeau!!

Wakeymakes said...

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it's hard to see at the time but later things usually become clear. Chin up xXx

Catherine said...

Habing something to look forward to is easy.. if you scale back the looking forward... so right now I am looking forward to having a hot chocolate with whipped cream at lunch time......

Not that that helps long term or helps look forward to tomorrow or next week etc.. but think about "looking forward" to the really little things instead? ?

Lynn Barnes said...

Oh, double damn it! I had so hoped that you'd have some new tasks to occupy your big ol' brain. Just ... damn it.

Still, you are right, a supportive team is worth more than its weight in valuable stuff. And now you can shave your head bald and get it tattooed, or dye it all the colors of the rainbow; and wear mismatched shoes to work every day; and other such small rebellions against authority -- with impunity.

rosylea said...

Really sorry about your job news; I can empathize with the frustration at such a communication style.

I like the list though, and as a previous poster has said, scaling back on the things to look forward to is a definite plan...

I admire your resilience so much! And your blue hair (reminds me of the jumblies, sort of)

verykerryberry said...

I practice Mindfulness and have found it helpful in rather despairing times- it is an ongoing work in progress and that is part of its core and there are many times when I don't know if it helps, but I turn back to it so it must do. I feel for you xxx

Kestrel said...

Sorry to hear about the job, very disappointing especially to find out in such a way when you have put the work in for the interview etc. I hope it hasn't knocked your confidence and that something good is around the corner in all aspects x

Stephen Greene said...

If acceptable to use the American vernacular,it just sucks!

Ms. Lynn Barnes above has the firm grasp on what is. Branching off of her creative concepts and using your colour charts, I would love to see silver with fine highlights of lagoon blue.

In fact I might try adding lagoon blue highlights to my already silver crew cut...

sewstyled said...

Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for - disheartening that the higher ups don't have the class and courtesy to come to you and give you the news and feedback. Keep sewing and knitting.

poppyinstitches said...

I too find looking forward difficult at times, so I think in weeks. I find months hard. Tomorrow is my 'day' hoping it will be fun!
x

pennylibrarian said...

Well, it's their loss. For some reason they can't see what we all do.
And I vote for lavender locks. Or plum. Or even new and improved spring green!

Penny said...

Sorry to hear about the job. Just a thought on Health - while FL's health is not good, you still need to keep healthy yourself. I suspect you get plenty of exercise, but think good food as well.