Friday, May 16, 2014

Me Made May: Week Two

12 May 2014
The great thing about Me Made May is the excuse to experiment with new outfits.
This was the first time I had worn my voile Camber top. It has been hidden away in my wardrobe, waiting for me to make a simple camisole.  I still haven't done that... but I found a different way to wear it.
12 May 2014
Yay!  It looks fab layered over my indigo Renfrew tee.
The skirt in the picture (Masai black jersey bought in a sale in January 2013) had never been to work before either.  It is so clingy I felt like I had gone to the office in just my tights...  but I was feeling brave that day!
13 May 2014
This is much more like "everyday Roo":  dark denim Kelly skirt with 1940's-pattern South Riding blouse, and my new Boden cardi.  I also wore my yellow "Knitter" badge to the office - heh heh heh!
14 May 2014
Wednesday.  We spent the day at the hospital after FL's white cells plummeted and his recurrent chest infection kicked in  There was some debate about whether or not he could come home, or if he needed intravenous antibiotics in hospital.  After 6 hours in various waiting rooms, he was allowed home with a packet of pills - woo hoo!
14 May 2014
I wore my me-made Betsey Johnson linen skirt for the first time, over leggings and my black Plantain tee.  I remembered how much fun it can be to wear longer swishy skirts :)  It was just so comfortable!
Note the scaffolding in the upper photo:  stage 2 of the double-glazing journey begun two years ago.  This year it is the turn of our front upstairs windows to be replaced - one of these years we will have a full set!

Working at home on Friday, I decided I would wear this skirt again.  The top is organic cotton from Seasalt about ? 3 years ago.
16 May 2014
And from way back last Friday, here is my Deer and Doe Anemone skirt worn with my green Liberty Sencha blouse and that new Boden cardi again.  This was another new combination.  I also dug out my fountain-pen nib earrings to spice things up a bit.
9 May 2014
If anyone has been looking at my feet, they will note my cherry Doc Marten chelsea boots have come out to play most days in May.  I am over high heels.  Seriously, it may be deeply middle-aged of me, but I am ready to Lose the Shoes, a 49 before 50 resolution that I am definitely sticking to:  if they aren't comfortable, they have to go.
The washing line 16 May 2014
 And here is REAL evidence of me-mades in action:  part of the hand knitted sock collection hanging out to dry :)

11 comments:

Sarahel said...

So many great outfits. I love the photo of you among the bluebells. But my favourite photo is the handknit socks on the line, wonderful. So hope FL is doing better.

Catherine said...

Delicious selection of socks drying on the line!!

colesworth said...

Lots of lovely combinations. I really like that anemone and sencha together

verykerryberry said...

Interesting combinations, the Anemone and the Sencha is especially good. And I am totally with you on the shoes

Jennifer Hill said...

Don't think I've commented before but I love all your makes. I'm just about to look up a few of your links :)What a lovely photo the second one down is! I'd get it framed - just a thought... I particularly like the voile top over the long sleeve tee - that's very me, too. (Btw - whispers - I'm 49, too) Jen

CarolS said...

Hello, I've never commented before either but I've read your blogs and enjoyed them very much since getting to 'know' you on DGR. I love this set of photos and your choices. You seem to have cut you hair too, I want to say how pretty you look.

Christy said...

Socks are great. Comfy shoes all the way.

Loved your Me Made May.

You girls in Scotland are fun to follow.

From the Pennsylania/Brit girl.

Christy

rosylea said...

I love your anemone; it's quite a bit longer than mine! Maybe I'm taller, but I felt a little breezy (and possibly 'age inappropriate' at 50+) last time I wore it.

Your sock installation leaves me awestruck!! How can you bear to ever take them down?

All the best for FL's recovery from his latest woes...

Cazz said...

The line of socks is super cool :o)
I love your May 16th outfit, looks young and lively and really suits you. Great combination.
I really admire your skill and your style.

Janine said...

I love your style Roo. I also love your sock rainbow - must make hanging out socks easier!

Jenna Bennett said...

Your socks look lovely all lined up! I hate wearing heels but have recently tolerated a pair of wedge sandals, I think comfort is too important!