Wednesday, June 11, 2014

FO: Ehren Socks by Rachel Coopey for FL's Birthday - woot!

 Beam me up Scottie, I'm done!
At sunset on the night before  FL's birthday, I have finished his socks - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

The eagle-eyed among you will spot the hiccup on the left-most heel flap...
But I will be astonished if FL notices it.
And honestly?  It is the thought that counts!
Unlike my first attempt at his birthday socks, these are soft and squishy and wonderfully stretchy.

They could do with a gentle wet-block, but there's no time for that tonight.
Pass me the wrapping paper - he's already asleep so I can get them packaged up and squirrelled away under the bed ready for a surprise in the morning and he'll be none the wiser :)

 Stats:
Pattern:  Ehren by Rachel Coopey from the Little Bit Club, May 2014
Yarn:  Knitting Goddess 75% superwash merino, 25% nylon in "Hurray for the Mice", the Club yarn

Phew! 

16 comments:

Amy said...

Lovely!

Happy birthday to FL :)

Stephen Greene said...

You waste not an instant of your days.

Handsome socks. If I were FL I would pull them slowly onto my feet and just stare at them for as long as I might get away with...

Happy Birthday, FL.

Flossie in Stitches said...

Such a lovely pattern beautifully knit. Happy Birthday FL!

beate grigutsch said...

ha - you made it!
beautiful socks!
happy birthday to FL!!!!!!!!!!

Lorna A said...

Happy birthday FL.

Definitely Star Trek socks, I can just see Uhura or Nurse Chapel wearing them inside their dinky black boots.

kbenco said...

Such manly socks yet an interesting looking pattern. I hope the birthday boy enjoys them properly. Excellent timing!

ravelledsleeve said...

Lovely socks!

And a very happy birthday to FL!

Sarahel said...

Really beautiful socks. A very happy birthday to FL.

Rehanon Mackenzie said...

These are lovely as always. Happy birthday FL. What a lucky man he is with handmade socks and you :) xxx

CarolS said...

BEAUTIFUL socks, lucky man - and woman. Could I make them I wonder -she dreams?
Truly the pattern and colours are superb.
Happy birthday FL, happy day Roobeedoo.

Linda C said...

Happy Birthday to FL and good for you getting the socks finished in" just the nick of time." (My mother used to say that - not sure where it came from - but it is the story of my life most days) Those socks just look soft and comfortable. Take a deep breath and ---back to your lovely shawl, maybe.

LindaC

Lynn Barnes said...

Hurray! and HB to FL. There's nothing like the soft hug of woolen socks against one's feet to say "I love you."

Unless, of course, you are using foot-in-sock as a euphemism. Shakespeare did.

Emma said...

Fab socks! What mistake? :0)
Happy Birthday FL!

sewingslowly said...

Rachel Coopey's fraternal twins strike again! And they are lovely, and I hope they will be much appreciated by the birthday boy.

Janey said...

They are lovely Roo, happy birthday to FL!

tea and cake said...

These look beautiful and handsome! A Very Happy Birthday to FL xxx