Sunday, September 14, 2014

Squirrelling

Mid-harvest:  the straw has since been baled
Back to work tomorrow.  I had last week off work and spent it painting walls, clearing out gutters and regathering myself.
I did lots of knitting, but no sewing at all.
My decluttering has been merciless.
I am still reading "The Country of Ice Cream Star". Slowly, slowly because I don't want it to end.
I seem to be in a place where I want to burrow into books and knitting projects and just... feel the sand between my toes.
So I am making another enormous blanket.
This one is knitted out of Cascade Eco + in the richest cosiest shade of red you can imagine.  I am on row 78 and am perhaps 2/3 of the way through the first ball of yarn.  I have five.  That's an awful lot of knitting!
The pattern is Old World by Abigail Phelps - I won it from the Knitting Go Podcast and it is turning out to be a really straightforward knit.
I also have FL's Christmas socks on the needles, because if I knit him socks he will still be here for Christmas.  That's how my mind is working right now.
These are the Woodcutter's Socks by Rachel Coopey, from Enchanted Knits.  The yarn is from the Dublin Dye Company, in the colour Stone Wall.
And this my latest Knitting Goddess / Rachel Coopey sock club yarn - wowzer!
I really need to get these cast on asap - what a blast of sunshine!

6 comments:

madeinoxford said...

I know just what you mean about squirrelling. I'm back to work today, and am already wishing I was at home Doing rather than here Doing :/ That's a great set of projects, though. The stripe effect on FL's socks are brilliant - subtle and effective.

Ms Goodenough said...

Here's to yarn and distraction therapy. You and your FL are in my thoughts.

Jennifer Hill said...

What a beautiful harvest photo, and your yarn is gorgeous. I so agree with the previous commenter; yarn, and fabric, make for very effective distraction therapy. Do hope FL's pain has eased. Thinking of you both. Jen

Joan said...

Sweet Roo- keeping you and FL in my thoughts too. Strength in numbers!

ambermog said...

Always thinking of you both and sending good vibes and much strength xxx

Linda C said...

Been looking at THE COUNTRY OF ICE CREAM STAR- trying if (1) I want to read it, (2) I want to give it to the 16 yr old , and almost 16 yr old in the family for birthday to read, I read reviews about the dialect which might prove hard to read - and will they read it?

The two thirteen yr old brothers of the cousins above are so much easier. They want the Newest PERCY JACKSON book in the series which is published on Octobern 7- late for 1, early for the other.,

Those heavy knitted blankets are so nice in the winter to wrap up in . My mother used to make us the crocheted wraps or blankets.

When you mentioned about doing the Christmas socks for FL, I thought about my sister in law. She has always wanted to go see WICKED. It will be here next Spring- maybe Feb. Doctor saying maybe Christmas for her. I have not bough ticket yet/ I was going to - then I got that message. Now debating- shall I? I probably could always take someone in family. Might this give her something to look to look forward to?

Linda C.