Friday, December 12, 2014

And Lo, Pandora's Box was Opened...

Thank you everyone for your balanced enthusiasm / horror at my ruffle-tastic coat fever.
I think it may have been the paint fumes (we are having the front room redecorated right now - yay!)
The idea has not gone away.
It is still bubbling at the back of my consciousness, waiting to re-erupt.
But I decided to be "sensible" and try out a simpler Oki-Style pattern before throwing 2.8 metres of wool into the abyss.
So... I bought the patterns for this top and skirt:
 And these trousers.
And then I purchased two suiting remnants from Sherwood Fabrics (who sell the lovely green coat material) for the skirt and trousers.
And a piece each of forest green cotton lawn and  (ahem) burgundy silk to make the top, twice.
Because clearly that was the only sensible thing to do with two weeks off work over Christmas and no discernible fabric stash to fall back on.
Sensible, non?






10 comments:

poppyinstitches said...

brilliant patterns, can't wait to see them made!

Miriana said...

What's sensible got to do with anything?

Miriana said...

and this...http://oki-style.com/en/info-sewing-skills... is hilarious. 'bloody beginners'. New translation software required, I think.

Tammy said...

I bet they will both be adorable on you. But not for me.

Melissa said...

Good for you! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on these fun & funky designs.

Lynn said...

Love the skirt and top! Curious about the pants. Can't wait to see your makes!

jessica said...

Sensibility is overrated. Your plans, however, sound smashingly Roo. I have yet to hear of a sewist climbing back on the wagon due to "sensible" plans.

And that coat? Personally, I think it looks like something that would absolutely thrill you. And that alone would be reason to go for it!

violicious said...

I love those trousers! Can't wait to see how they are sewn up.

liza jane said...

I'm still voting for the coat. I like the ruffly open front. I'm excited to see what you sew! I am very interested in a lot of her patterns now.

mary said...

Oh can't wait to see the makes!