Tuesday, January 06, 2015

The Next Big Thing

Rosy Lemonade from Vivacious Volume 1
So, Roo - where is your list of New Year's Resolutions?
In my head.
Two weeks' holiday from work seemed like such a wonderful opportunity to knit and relax... and that is pretty much what I did.
So I am slightly behind on the annual goal-setting exercise which I love so much.
Soonly
That's OK.
I am very clear that I want to knit from stash (because it is there) and work my way through the book of Curls (because they are beautiful) and rustle up a couple of Yokes (because they are perfect).
I am less clear on my sewing plans, because I don't really know what I want to wear.
I will wear what I have, until inspiration strikes (Oki Style?)
In the meantime, inspiration has struck hard and fast in the realms of knits-to-wear.
I don't mean the patterns I want to knit because I want to knit them (the Curls and the Yokes), but the patterns I want to knit because I want to wear them.
Vivacious Volume One was published yesterday.
Hermes Baby
If I had been properly engaged with social media I could have bought the pdf in advance for a reduced sum, but I wasn't, so I didn't.  And anyway, I want the hard copy book because I reckon this one is going to get a lot of use.
10 patterns.
All of them designed for Fyberspates Vivacious yarn (DK or 4 ply) but I am sure substitutions will occur.
And what is special about them?
Gather
They are simple, comfortable, contemporary, even (dare I say it) a little bit hipster (ssssh!)
That hat?  Yes please.
All of the sweaters?  Oooh, yeah baby!
Go-to mitt and sock patterns - why not?
And a great big enormous snuggly cardigan / jacket to wrap myself up in all weekend long?  Sold, to the blanket-knitter in the corner!
Rum and Raisin

5 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh they're a bit nice! I hadn't seen them either. I like London Fields very much; particularly in that colourway.

poppyinstitches said...

wonderful patterns, all your fantastic knitting has made my fingers itchy and I have started knitting again!

madeinoxford said...

Vivacious really is a wonderful yarn. I've used it three times now, and have a skein waiting to become my first knitted hat. That looks like a brilliant collection of designs - pretty and unusual without being unwearable. You're definitely going to find things you can wear in there <3

ravelledsleeve said...

Good luck with knitting from stash! That's my plan for the year too (that or move to a bigger house to accommodate the stash...). If you want some mutual support I've set up a Rav group called Stash-Heap Challenge, and you'd be very welcome to join us!

Colleen said...

Yum! Thanks for posting Curls and Yoke. I've just bought Curls and cannot WAIT to start it! I saw your beginning in Ravelry and that's the one I have my eye on....I hope you'll post updates!