Sunday, April 26, 2015

Spring Cleaning My Life

Greetings from the snowy 'shire!
Tulips in the snow
I am on holiday from work for a week just because I could... and because I really felt the need. Things are a little crazy at the Fun Palace these days.
I am taking the opportunity to Get Things Done - all those personal and home maintenance chores that a 9 to 5 job doesn't leave space for.
The blizzard approaches
So I have been deep-cleaning kitchen cupboards and drawers, typing up a chapter of FL's book, booking an optician's appointment, taking rubbish to the tip, shopping for a new phone and a printer... so many things from the To Do list!
I even ordered a pair of trainers so that I can do some gentle running round the farm.  I will never be an athlete, but I would really like to be more fit.  Running in wellies is downright dangerous.  So I have bought a pair of shoes which support the ankle on rough ground and have extra grip on mud.

"WTF?  I'm not going for a walk in this!"
And with my new phone, I can finally have the Zombies Run app!  Yeah, I am still a kid despite the grey hair.

There will hopefully be some sewing (new knickers are top of the list!)

And there will definitely be more knitting.  I have been powering ahead with Barn Raising Squares and have 13 completed in total.

Barn Raising Squares in progress
I finished the back of my 1980's jumper.

And I am working on another vanilla sock using leftover Arne and Carlos yarn, with regular strawberry-coloured Regia for cuffs, heels and toes (no pictures yet).

I am itching to cast on a new shawl, as my "holiday project", but I can't decide which stash yarn to use.
I hope I am not still procrastinating when Friday comes around!

Blocking the first 13 Squares - I ran out of pins!
And I have been reading:  The World Before Us by Aislinn Hunter. I wish I could get Truly Madly Deeply (the film) out of my head, because it is not like that at all... except in some ways it is.  I like it but I am not crazy about it so far.

Have a good week - enjoy the spring weather!
The view from the kitchen window at 5pm

2 comments:

Mary Danielson said...

Brr! It looks so beautiful, but so very snowy in the shire! I hope your week is as peaceful as it is productive. Also, the Zombie Run app is my everything. Happy running!

poppyinstitches said...

wow cold snap, just when we all hoped spring had sprung. Hope the sring cleaning goes well!