Monday, June 01, 2015

FO: Ad Hoc Shawl by Josh Ryks, MKAL Test Knit

You've seen my teaser picture of this shawl when I blogged about my Oki Style Solo Top.

I wasn't allowed to show my Test Knit of this Mystery Knitalong (MKAL) until all the clues were released.
As today is the last day for entries to win prizes in the MKAL, I reckon I am probably safe to reveal all!

Ta da!
 Stats:

Pattern:  Ad Hoc Shawl by Josh Ryks aka Swordofaknitter or Geoknittrix Designs.

Yarn:  The Yarn Yard Marchmont, a pure merino sock yarn with a high twist (discontinued), in the colours:  Legbar (light grey), Waverley (dark grey) and Beetroot (like it says)

Needles:  3.75mm (US size 5) Knitpro spectra circular


I was working to a tight deadline when I test-knitted this pattern for Josh.

It was delivered to me in installments, with a request to comment on where each "clue" should end.

Answer:  always on a cliffhanger!

Each section is distinctive, with a different texture or stripe sequence, and always a unique twist in the construction.
Josh doesn't call himself Geo-Knit-Trix for nothing!

It was enormous fun to knit - so much so that I intended to knit another during the knitalong period, using the dark grey as my main colour.
I might still get round to it - I really love Josh's colour choices of dark grey, neon yellow and lime green.
It is a substantial piece of fabric with all the appeal of your favourite plaid shirt.
Definitely boy-friendly!
But I have seen it looking stunning in a more girly palette.
Another amazing design from Josh - woo hoo!


2 comments:

poppyinstitches said...

looks great and the pin is fabulous, great detail!

Ms Goodenough said...

I'm so glad I knitted along. Each set of instructions taking you in another direction was a real pleasure.
I have pin envy :-)