Friday, July 10, 2015

The Pause Continues

Coop Knits Mystery Sock Clue 1

Hi everyone!

I regret to report that my connection to the outside world is about to get worse instead of better.
My home internet line is completely fried and has to be replaced.  This will take at least one more week.

I am on "holiday" for the next two weeks, so will not have access to my work wifi for lunchtime Instagram binges.. or quick blog updates like this!

What I wore to work on Monday - risky!
Rest assured that I plan lots of knitting and sewing during my time off work.

Progress is steady on my Coop Knits Mystery sock (though I won't see Clue 3 when it comes out next week - sob!)

And I am working away on my Tailspin shawl.

Tailspin by Josh Ryks
I intend to sew: a pair of trousers, a skirt, two tops and five pairs of knickers.
So when I return, I should have lots to show you!

I just hope I don't expire from Podcast Deprivation Syndrome.

FL is back at the hospital on Tuesday.  He is not at all well.

Bye for now!
Roo

11 comments:

Kirsten said...

I send you all my warmest wishes and thoughts.

CarolS said...

You are both always in my thoughts.

Jodie said...

I'm hoping you'll get this comment before you leave for work for the day (I'm in Edmonton, ALberta, Canada). You are both in my thoughts and particularly FL. I hope good things and am sending you my warmest support.

Sabs said...

Hope FL is ok x

Sarahel said...

Thinking of the two of you and hoping that having you home for a couple of weeks can only help FL. Those socks look fabulous already. Love the yarn.

Marjorie said...

Hugs

lemon said...

If this may be just a little help to you, know that I check everyday whether you posted and if you feel well. I think of you as a friend living abroad. My love from athens, greece (so, so troubled and confused these days).

jessica said...

Sending my love to you and FL. there's a large community of us there in spirit with you.

Linda C said...

I read your update and the news about FL and tried to respond last weekend, but it seems to have gone to cyberspace. So I'll try again---

You and FL are in my prayers everyday. Sitting around a hospital just waiting can be so very hard, not knowing what is going on, tests and more tests etc., I have been there with my husband. Yes, I have an older husband too.

I was just wonder if it would be of any pleasure for you, while you wait, if you brought your laptop and used it then. Most places, these days, seem to have WiFi and are usually happy to give you their password so you can login as a "guest". I mean, doctors' offices, hospitals, car dealers (had a checkup yesterday), in addition to the usual internet cafes. I say "laptop" so grandly - the reason I have it is because my youngest's office gave him one for Christmas two years ago and he did not need it so he gave it to me for Mother's Day that year.

I will continue to pray and send kind thought to you and FL. I hope the unplanned so called "holiday" from work will give you a time to get lots of sewing and knitting done - and, if FL is feeling better, a bit of pleasurable time with FL.

LindaC




Suzie Simpson said...

I'm so sorry that FL is back in the hospital. Praying for you both. You both have the world praying and thinking positive thoughts. (I live in Richmond, Virginia, U.S.).

Jennifer Hill said...

So sorry to hear about FL. Glad you are able to keep busy. I am envious that you can sew all that in a week or two; I must learn how to speed up. Focusing would be a start ; ) Jen