Friday, August 07, 2015

Plotting the Thought Process

Take this pattern, View C...
Yes, that is the Dottie Angel frock, Simplicity 1080.
View C has a contrasting fabric section below the big pockets.
 
 
 
 
Cut the upper section out of this amazing khadi cotton block print from Merchant and Mills (sold out at Raystitch).
 
 
Cut the lower section out of denim.
You know what that looks like.
 
And the pockets out of my favourite shirt... because I think its life as a shirt may be over.
 

Looks like a plan to me!
But first I need to make more knickers...

9 comments:

violicious said...

I think those will look great together. Have been eyeballing this frock! It's not nursing friendly so I still need to wait a bit. The line is flattering. Can't wait to see how you stitch this up!

Pat said...

Yes, that sounds lovely. I am contemplating what to use for my own Dottie Angel at the moment. Just can't decide!

Lark said...

Sounds like a lovely combo of fabrics!

Minnado said...

That sounds like a great plan. Looking forward to seeing the results

Melissa said...

That's a beautiful combination that you've planned. I'm really looking forward to how yours turns out. My first (and only so far) was disappointing and I have to play with sizing etc for my next try!

Charlotte said...

Ooh! Ooh! for some reason I hadn't thought of the Dottie Angel as the perfect re-use for several items I loved but have lived out their purpose ... and now I need to go downstairs and start matching up fabrics ...

heatherybean said...

Jings, this sounds perfect! Love that Merchant and Mills fabric and love the idea of making pockets from an old beloved item. Looking forward to seeing the finished article!

Jennifer Hill said...

Aaahh, must buy that pattern. Sounds like a great plan, regarding fabrics. Look forward to seeing. Jen PS hope FL is improved/ing.

pennylibrarian said...

Yes, yes, yes! Those pockets look as though they would be perfect for storing 'socks in progress'.