Thursday, December 03, 2015

Advent Sock Day Three

FL was in  a bad way when I got home last night.  He has top-up painkillers to take in between the Big Ones, but he had not tried them.  I told him he must, so he did and he was soon calm again. But he woke at 4am in agony, so had to take another dose then.
This sudden increase in pain has taken us by surprise.  The hospital did not give us enough morphine to cover the weekend, at this level of intake, so I had to get him to the GP this afternoon. His legs are badly swollen, so walking to and from the car was difficult.
I don't think I can leave him home alone tomorrow.


Today we continue with sock B, i.e. the same one as yesterday. From now on we always knit two stripes before changing the sock. This way the socks become the same length. Continue sock B by knitting three rounds.
Pick two colours from the clothes you are wearing at the moment. Choose right now.
RED AND BLACK
The colour of the day is the blend of these two. 
I decided to rip back and start my socks again.
The stranded colourwork was not making me happy - it was just too fussy.
So now they are just 60 stitches round, and striped in the colours generated by the clues.
Much better!

16 comments:

Oranges and Apples said...

I am so sorry about your news x

Sabs said...

Oh dear. I've been reading and commenting one post at a time and very sorry to hear this. Hope you managed to get more morphine from your GP and FL got some relief from the pain. I hope tomorrow is better for both of you xx

Kitkat Krispie said...

Yet another lurker breaking cover! Just know that there is a sea of hands out there supporting you with their love. xx

pamela said...

I'm so sorry. I hope FL had a better night. Thinking about you both today. xx

Dottie Doodle said...

Sending hugs from Devon. xx

poppyinstitches said...

do hope FL has a much better day today, rx

deborah said...

Still thinking of you xx

Jen Forsythe said...


So sorry that FL is in so much pain, I hope you can get his dosages sorted soon. I'm in a very similar situation with my dad, his condition has progressed too, so I know what you are going through. xo

greenmtngirl said...

So so sorry to read about FL. I hope the palliative care can get sorted out so he is comfortable, at least. Thinking of you both and sending comfort and strength across the ocean.

lilysgrannie said...

Please know that I'm sending good thoughts your way from California as you support your husband through this terrible illness. Keep on knitting!

sulkycat said...

Thinking of you both Roo.

Minigranny said...

Another lurker who is thinking of you both.

coyotewoman said...

Been knitting in waiting rooms a year now. Stumbled upon your blog after googling "my husband has MM"... just looking for something - I don't really know what. Feeling a little ashamed for wanting to punch my DIL in the face at this Thanksgiving table when she said she was "grateful we all were so healthy." I know she was just feeling happily satiated - I'm hoping it was just the turkey talking and not a complete lack of sensitivity towards my sweet husband's plight. I'm so glad your FL has some relief of his pain and I know as an old warhorse nurse that that eases you pain a little too. Hoping for many blessings for you and your FL from New Mexico.

Linda said...

I join the other commenters in hoping FL has got relief from his pain. Thank heavens for sock knitting!

Unknown said...

I am sure that there are hundreds of us, around the world, who have lurked, and enjoyed your blog. And now, we are all thinking of you and sending the most positive energy we can muster.

Mad about Craft said...

Can I suggest a syringe driver if FL continues to get a lot of breakthrough pain? In my experience they are very helpful in this type of pain.